Best alternative to AIM chat?

Forget all the rest, what you want is Trillian :)
www.trillian.im

Trillian is just Pidgin for people who want their software to look attractive and be easy to use!

Ohhh, this is on Android too. I think we’ll try it, looks to have some very useful features. Thank you!

I can’t help but thing these smaller one-off server-based apps are just hanging around hoping for acquihire or IPO and can’t trust them to be around in the long-term.

So Couple wasn’t bad, but my fiancee hated it (like, seriously hated), so back to Google Voice it is.

Hangouts? Haaaangouts? :P

Apparently ICQ is still kickin around. . .

edit: wait, you’re Brian, not Jeff. Dammit, you all need to stop, like, being different people.

We can’t all have a name as cool and unique as yours, sir.

Psh, like hell.

I officially dub thee Xavier Starfighter!

I’m so using that as my stripper name.

Are your nipple pasties X-Wings?

Because I’ll pay to see that.

I mean, like, not a lot. But I’d throw a buck or two at it.

Released a new version just a year or two back, apparently. I don’t know who’s using it or why, but there ya go.

Shit, I’d forgotten about Trillian. I bought v1.0 way back when.

One thing we miss from the old Google Talk: you could share a photo, say of a new deck design (been traveling so that’s a real life thing this week, we’re building a new deck) and it would be on the left window and stay there while you discussed it in chat on the right window. AIM and others (including Trillian) seem to not be much different from a standard text program, ie. my text bubble followed by your text bubble, a photo is just another text bubble., etc.

Facebook messenger maintains a running gallery of photos pasted into conversations if you have the full web app open in a browser (e.g. Not just a pop-up chat in the main Facebook screen)