Best browser these days

I found this link that has some info on other browsers, some i haven’t heard off before so time for some research :)

clicking the coloured heading (Mega browsers/Lightweight browsers etc) gives you the review run down on them.

So in a fit of rage against all the tracking that is occurring, and adblocker not working in Youtube, I decided to try another browser and came upon Epic browser.

It is anonymous, with ad blocking built in and it’s own search that eliminates all tracking.

After 1 week of using it, I’m liking most of it. The problematic part is that since it’s completely anonymous, you have to log in every time - no cookies for you, but with LastPass, it’s not too bad.

I keep a chrome browser open for gmail.

The most frustrating part so far is Flipboard which has me go through about 5 captcha’s before it will allow me to log in. I’m debating whether to relegate it to chrome.

But after a week I’m pleasantly surprised. No ads anywhere, fast searches without all the annoying ads, and I’m thinking this is pretty decent.

Anyone else try something not Chrome/Firefox/IE/Opera?

That seems like a huge pain in the ass. Just use chromium or firefox with uBlock Origin. It works great on YouTube ads.

I think we’re going to have to come to a common definition of what “huge pain in the ass is”. On my scale of irritants this is way, way down the list.

As I said, I’m done with tracking. I really don’t like how much of my online life, search history, browser history is all tracked & recorded.

Clicking “log in” on websites only has to be done once each session, so if you keep a session open, or don’t shut off your computer, then the number of times is reduced.

In addition to uBlock and Pi-hole, I’ve been using Firefox Containers to prevent tracking. That way I don’t have to use multiple browsers. It’s fairly easy to set up. (I’m pretty sure Chrome has a similar feature.)

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/containers

I don’t care if companies are tracking me, I guess. I block ads anyway, so anything they would be targeting me with is lost in any case.

For the record, Chrome with uBlock is still blocking YouTube ads for me (heck, it’s blocking ads on CBS.com as well, which is great as my TiVO got like 10 minutes of the Magnum episode from Sunday after the game).