Best domain host for my needs?

Yeah Dreamhost looks better than Godaddy, the earlier part of this thread also mentioned it. Other than the price, Dynadot doesn’t look an upgrade. It is not like I have parked 200 domains, where price is pretty important.

Just beware that the SSL certificates often cost extra. (And your host might not allow you to use the free ones, like my host.)

Google’s GSuite/Domain hosting is pretty swell. $5 a month.

I use Google domains for my private domains, they charge $12/year. This includes a bunch of email forwards, dyndns, and web hosting at blogger. If you want to go cheaper than that, Cloudflare literally charges their cost, $8.03/yr for a .com.

Neither of those services include email hosting, just forwarding. That may be fine for your uses.

I use GSuite for Business for my main domain, which offers the entire google apps suite including gmail and (most importantly for me) unlimited Google drive storage. That’s $12/month now. Well worth it if you take advantage of the unlimited storage. Which I do.

@Guap: GSuite basic is now $6/month, they raised prices recently.

@YakAttack: Any host that doesn’t allow you to use Lets Encrypt is a host you should not be paying.

Yeah, Google Domain isn’t available here in New Zealand (and I’m using G suite already). Google already have a lot of power over me (if gmail goes down then I’m pretty much half buggered), I kind of don’t want to give them even more power.

There is no plan to build a website on top, so I guess I don’t need to worry about SSL?

I haven’t thought of Cloudfare before, so thanks. Public company like Cloudfare and Godaddy do inspire some confidence in me.

Ahh, I had no idea it wasn’t worldwide! If I wasn’t using Google I’d probably go to Cloudflare. GoDaddy kills elephants.