Best editorial ever

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/grogan/040402

Edit: yes.

Did you mean to put a smiley on the end of your post? I hope so. But around here lately with Rywill’s meltdown, I can no longer tell sarcasm.

Chet

I’m with Chet this time: wha??

The editorial isn’t even weird enough to be funny from the usual elitist “look at those hillbilly dipshits and their ignorant homespun values” persepctive – it’s just an ambling rant typical of most conservative pundits. Ann Coulter does this type of Noonan-esque Bush-worship diatribe in vastly more entertaining and politically destructive form.

For it to be a satire, you have to mispell ever. Somebody yank 1k posts from his total, please.

goddamn I feel sorry for her kids.

Here I was, thinking it’d be a community-building exercise for everyone to call her a moron. Fine, fine, I’ll provide the insults for you!

Personal insults:

1. She’s named GROGAN.
  2. “Her hobbies include photography and she has won photo contests all over the world.”
  3. WTF is she WEARING??!?!? A leopard-skin mumu that zips up to the chin?

Policy insults:

1. “The majority of the American people do not want leaders who cater to big businesses and special interest groups.” That’s right, the Democrats are the party of big business! This could be a “the GOP is too controlled by big business and the Democrats are too controlled by special interests,” but I kind of doubt it. Reason: she’s photoshopped into a picture of a flag.
  2. She thinks “the AWOL rumor” about Bush was false. Arguing it’s not that big of a deal, or maybe they lost the records, I can see - but false? Because, you know, there’s such a large pile of evidence that Bush showed up for the period in question?

Jason, next time I’m down in Chehalis, WA, I’m gonna bring back a copy of the local paper. The editorials that blotch the opinion page like some sort of textual herpes make this gal sound like Bill Buckley. Plus, the authors are probably twice as ugly, and not only have flags in the background, but Baptist crosses and maybe a picture of The Duke, to boot.

Yeah, there was comparable crap in the local papers where I grew up, but they aren’t online, are they?

Good God! If this law passed, doesn’t she realize there wouldn’t be any Republicans left? Most of them would have been arrested between 1992-2000.

Ok, yeah, she’s an idiot, but where the hell is this coming from? I figured if the AWOL thing wasn’t false you guys would still be ranting about it. I’ve been taking the recent silence (as in, no one ever mentions it anymore, including the loonies) about it to mean that it was proven false.

If it hasn’t been proven false, why the hell aren’t you guys trumpeting it any more? It was an issue that really looked like it had legs and could do some serious damage to Bush.

Okay. Seriously, those guys are some kind of Landover Baptist affiliate, right?

Ok, yeah, she’s an idiot, but where the hell is this coming from? I figured if the AWOL thing wasn’t false you guys would still be ranting about it. I’ve been taking the recent silence (as in, no one ever mentions it anymore, including the loonies) about it to mean that it was proven false.

If it hasn’t been proven false, why the hell aren’t you guys trumpeting it any more? It was an issue that really looked like it had legs and could do some serious damage to Bush.[/quote]

Bush managed to knock it out of the news by releasing “all his documents.” Mind you, there wasn’t anything in there that actually showed he was there during the time period in question, but for some reason the media lost interest.