Best ForceFeedback Joystick/Flightstick on the market - same for mouse?

My Dad and I are really getting into MD Flight Sim X and if we both have force feedback sticks it seems it would add a whole nother level of immersion to an already fantastic game.

QT# - what are your thoughts on this?

I’m assuming you mean MSFSX…

I once had a Microsoft Sidewinder FF2, but to be honest it all the motor hooing and hawing, while immersive, tended to throw off my aim and make it harder to survive in combat sims. I guess it was kinda useful when it got mushy to know how close I was to a stall, but I feel with any good stick you should have a good enough range of motion to let you feel it regardless. I’m still using my old x-45 and it’s still the best I’ve owned.

That said, if you’re not going to be shooting anything down, and just sticking to FSX, then maybe you should go for it, it is pretty immersive. Keep in mind you’re going to wind up with another power adapter under the desk.

I recently dug out my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 to play Freespace 2 which I got on GOG. Had a blast playing some of it with the force feedback and it did add to the experience for me, but spiffy is right it does throw off your aim. Depending on how much you are willing to spend however, I’d go for a Buttkicker Gamer 2 instead though which a lot of people buy for racing sims, but works great with all games/movies/music. I have no idea how many force feedback joystick enabled games there are nowadays, but I think you’d get more bang for your buck and better immersion with a Buttkicker since it would simulate the engines as well as jolt your whole body instead of just your hands. Also check out TrackIR if you haven’t heard of it before. Shame Buttkicker and TrackIR are so expensive. TrackIR makes me wish I liked sims.

From what I gathered on the interwebs people are still praising the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 even though it’s like 10 years old and unsupported now. Guess that says a lot about current joystick tech. I have no idea about any newer force feedback joysticks.

Oh, I figured if you were into sims you’d have already have a trackIR. It’s the number one peripheral to own.