Best Game Names

No, they skipped that one because it had too many syllables. Crusader: No Release was supposed to be the last game in the series, but they dropped it when Crusader:No Retry flopped.

Wait, you guys got me all confused here. Was Crusader: No Religion a spinoff from Crusader: No Retreat or from Crusader: No Repentance?

City of Heros.

“I wanted a house just like Xanadu, but without a dorky name.”
“So what did you call it?”
“Fort Awesome.”

A Boy and His Blob

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

It has to be a part of some kind of multi-syllable spinoff I’ve never heard of. Only the disyllabic names, like the unsatisfying Crusader: No Resolve, are part of the official series.

Ok, I’ll stop now.

I always loved the name Lords of Chaos.

It’s the pinnacle of laziness. It’s almost as comical as “bonestorm”.

The game, however, was fantastic. First game by the Xcom guys:

http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/articles/lordsofchaos.htm

It has to be a part of some kind of multi-syllable spinoff I’ve never heard of. Only the disyllabic names, like the unsatisfying Crusader: No Resolve, are part of the official series.

Ok, I’ll stop now.[/quote]

Not to be confused with Crusader: No Remoras, which was a game about whales.

Crusader: No Respect for Other People’s Property, more like. Was there anything you couldn’t blow up in that game?

I very much enjoy that Opposing Force and Blue Shift are also physics terms.[/quote]

HOLY SHIT I LOVE YOU SHEEP. I didn’t even realize that! Too bad they didn’t sub HL2 as something.

Haha, I caught Blue Shift, but I never thought about Opposing Force. Cool.

I never realized that either. That’s cool!

I got a black hat and tshirt with HL1 at a Fry’s. Both had the lambda on it. I wore that hat all the time, and only found out later that a group of people I knew thought I was the worst dressing gay man they ever met. I guess lambda means something in the gay community. Woo hoo!

I got a black hat and tshirt with HL1 at a Fry’s. Both had the lambda on it. I wore that hat all the time, and only found out later that a group of people I knew thought I was the worst dressing gay man they ever met. I guess lambda means something in the gay community. Woo hoo![/quote]

/snip
In More Man Than You’ll Ever Be by Joseph P. Goodwin (Indiana University Press:Bloomington, 1989) on page 26, Goodwin writes:

The lowercase Greek letter lambda carries several meanings. First of all, it represents scales, and thus balance. The Greeks considered balance to be the constant adjustment necessary to keep opposing forces from overcoming each other. The hook at the bottom of the right leg of the lambda represents the action required to reach and maintain a balance. To the Spartans, the lambda meant unity. They felt that society should never infringe on anyone’s individuality and freedom. The Romans adopted the letter to represent “the light of knowledge shed into the darkness of ignorance.” Finally, in physics the symbol designates and energy change. Thus the lambda, with all its meanings, is an especially apt symbol for the gay liberation movement, which energetically seeks a balance in society and which strives through enlightenment to secure equal rights for homosexual people.
/snip

Zarathrusta.

Better Dead Than Alien.

Wargasm, you basts.

KG

The greatest videogame title will always be:

but some others I like are…

Ms. Pac Man (great name for a sequel)

Times of Lore

Revenge of the Mutant Camels

Realm of Impossibility

Wizardry

Hell, yeah! “Image Hosted by Tripod” is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Shows up for me.

Anyway it’s “the earth dies screaming”

maybe that one will work, sorry for trying to be dramatic :?

If I ever start a game company, its name will be:

“One Player Using Left Joystick”.

Legend of Zelda: You know this one will be huge before you even play it!

ESPN NFL 2k5: If you aren’t American, you have no idea what this means. If you ARE, it should send shivers through you.

Final Fight: This one’s for all the marbles.

Silent Hill: That’s what it is…that’s what it does.

Planescape: Torment: A colon works in this title. This title MADE me buy the game.