Best games with production chains?

Anybody checked out Prosperous Universe?

It’s a browser-based (which actually works really well) game in which you start off as a miner, farmer, fuel manufacturer or whatever and build up your base and production lines, and eventually sell the products to other players on the commodity exchange. All goods are player-manufactured/bought/sold, and happen in real time - so for example your smelter might take 12 hours to produce Iron from inputs of Carbon, Oxygen and Iron Ore (all of which have to be sourced, along with worker rations etc). Then that resource needs to get to market, as you may be producing it on a planet with no exchange. I think the idea is you just log on a couple of times a day and do what needs to be done.

I’m only a few days in but it’s quite fascinating. Probably a lot of the appeal is working out your formulas for making a profit, and the big disadvantage is that starting can be quite slow once you’ve done that - I have my production chain materials sourced for the next ten real life days, but I don’t have much cash left to do anything else with, so I’m not sure if I just sit around for those ten days or what.

It’s in early access so you can currently play for free, and today they opened up new plots on the three planets which have commodity exchanges (so if you start on those planets it’s a bit easier to buy and sell without worrying about time/cost to market etc), so it’s a good time to jump in if anyone is remotely interested.