Best of Gaming 2017

EG readers’ list:

Just picked up and played Stories Untold in one sitting, based on a recommendation in the voting for best 2017 games thread, which I don’t want to pollute with discussion. It’s on sale on Steam right now, and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I tried this briefly, and was annoyed that I couldn’t do things like “look” or “inventory”. I seemed to have to remember on what I had already done. This bothered my adventure game roots.

Yeah, its text parser is very rudimentary. Even Zork 1 had “l” for “look around”. Great game, though, and worth playing through. It isn’t very long.

I’m so glad that I’m old and going to die soon, you people are all fucked. At what point in our society do people just walk around banging themselves on the head with frying pans? Natural selection has failed us.

I don’t usually watch any Total Biscuit but heard about this list through the Invisigun Heroes Discord. Of all the lists I’ve seen, this probably gets closest to my own (Mario + Rabbids, Invisigun Heroes and Battlerite). There are even a couple of games that I’ve got lined up next (The Sexy Brutale and Tooth and Tail). It’s late due to health issues on TB’s part.