Best PC Gaming Voice Chat software?

Hey all-

Tried searching this out, but no luck. What’s the best voice chat system for playing Demigod, DoW Dark Crusade, DoW2, Left 4 Dead, and Company of Heroes??

I think some of those games have it built in, is that correct? Obviously I’m a newbie to all this, but I now realize the importance of voice chat in this games. I’m tired of losing time by having to type.

I’m especially interested in voice chat for Demigod right now, so I’d like it to have a low system resource req, good voice chat and most importantly one that most people are using.

Jorune

Ventrilo seems to be the most widely used. DoW2 uses GfWL’s built-in chat.

Voice chat focused software: Ventrilo,Teamspeak.
Service integrated in game with voice chat: Steam, GFWL.
IM-Gaming: Xfire.

I use Xfire. It worked ok the last times i used it with my friends.

My friends and I use Ventrilo and we think the sound quality is fantastic. Then again, we are always a small group playing on the same side.

Trying to figure out what a Scottish person says on Teamspeak is …a challenge…

Ventrilo is way superior ,but make sure you use the right setup on it.

Ventrilo has the best voice quality, but Teamspeak isn’t that bad. Might be cheaper to host a server, too. I’m not sure.

We use Teamspeak

Most host do it per slot and Vent / TS2 is the same price, well at least in the UK any way. I find that ventrillo has a far superior sound quality and is easier to administrate for a public server as it’s much easier to newbies and kids to annoy you on a public Teamspeak.

Skype for friends and family. Xfire for acquaintances. Vent for strangers.