Best quest ever

I think it’s Telefrog and his cat hair mustache.

To be completely serious about quests in WoW.

The number 1 quest I can remember was the Hunter epic bow quest. Rhok’delar

Involved getting materials from a 40 man raid, Molten Core and then solo defeating 4 demons across Azeroth. After gathering the materials, you need to kill Onyxia (40 man raid boss) for the sinew to make the bowstring.

Quite the epic quest, class specific, and the reward was OP as hell when I first got it. Not to mention is is super unique to this day, and impossible to get. Super cool.

Best quest? no idea.

But I remember Witcher 1 had some devil quest with interesting choices, and Dragon Age 1 too (the part where you choose who make king is rather harsh to the player, walk trough the 4th wall to punch the person playing the game in the guts).
Baldurs Gate has this simple “whats going on with iron, with is iron breaking?”,that kickstart the whole game.

I don’t remember the best quests :(

The central quest of Planescape Torment and, for real old-timers like me, the central quest of Ultima IV.

It seems I missed that quest! I’ll have to visit Beauclair again.

I’m sure I am overlooking a ton of awesome quests but the first one that comes to mind was in the Mercenaries sequel, when you go to talk to the oil company and their mercs send you to get their awesome secret weapon, think it was called The Devastator? And you go around he corner and see a massive tank but they say no, it’s behind that - and the Devastator is a tricycle. I liked that one.

I actually liked a lot of chained quest story arcs in WoW and Molten Core attunement was lore-rich.

Nearly every quest I ever did in Witcher 3 shrugs away all other games questing. Tough decisions, interesting design, immaculate detail.

I think one that really stood out to me, in that they addressed a challenging subject, was the bloody Baron in Witcher 3.

I thought that the death knight progressive quest starting zone was pretty awesome. Becoming a death knight 101, complete with some RTS-ish elements. Destroying a town, etc. All very cool.

Let me finish Nier: Automata and I’ll get back to you. ;)

I really like the Genophage quests and the main quest of Ultima IV as answers. I haven’t played IV yet but I find it fascinating.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is questing in Lost Odyssey. Maybe not WItcher quality, but the tasks were fun and the way you get treated with a little voiced story that revealed some insight into the world or characters was a great bookend to certain quests. I remember the writing being good, often better than the main story, but I was also a teenager at the time, so take that with a grain of salt.

I came back to WoW for this expansion after a pretty long layoff and that was indeed pretty cool.

My ranger epic quest in Everquest was an easy one for me to pick, even though I never did get the last main hand blade completed due to the drop in Plane of Hate, but the offhand Swiftwind was the best part anyway!

My other favorite quest in EQ was this one:

When everyone was trading for and camping SSoYs, I was dual wielding a pair of these bad boys ;).

Faster than the SSoY so higher damage main hand and less than half the weight so much nicer on stamina and while under water even though you give up the nice proc on the SSoY. Good times!

It doesn’t really fall into the category of ‘best quest’, but I got great amusement out of WoW’s temple to the yak where they were trying to sell back their ‘defective’ yak. That whole dialog tree was hilarious.