Best Star Trek Series

I chose TOS over TNG because the latter looked too neat and politically correct.

Fans of Voyager: Behold Kes!

That’s a man, baby!

For the Tv series i’m a Next Gen fan, even though i’ve loved Star Trek as a must watch needed sci-fi series from the start, so all have a place of affection. I was really enjoying the unpopular Enterprise series as well (i missed the last part with lots of time travel mind you) when they pulled the plug on that one, but i do love my origin stories.

For the Films the originals are my favourite (with the obvious Wrath of Khan at the top), then the Next Gen films. New Star Trek didn’t even happen for me, i think it is some comedy parody show or something ;)

Voyager, Voyager… Nope, doesn’t ring a bell.

Man, that article was posted on the 12th and it said she’s been in jail since the 3rd. Bond is $2500. She must be broke.

Man, what happened to all that sweet Voyager money?

She was only a cast member for 3 seasons. She was let go after Season 3, and there were rumblings that it was because of a drug problem.

I thought it was because they wanted to replace her with Jeri Ryan? The budget couldn’t support both, was what I heard.

Yeah, but if she had a drug problem, that’s the kind of thing they’d say…

I’ll always remember Jerri Ryan for two things: Her incredible body in those catsuits and the fact that she indirectly got Obama the presidency. Though T’Pol was on a whole 'nother level of hotness. She was TOS Romulan commander hot. Which is pretty damn hot.

As for me it’s TNG. I just loved the world they lived in. I loved the camaraderie and professionalism. And it had my all time favorite episode, the one with the D’owd.

That’s pretty sad news about the actress who played Kes, i feel sorry for her kids as it can’t be easy having a mum with a drug/other problem like she obviously has.

Part of it was the drug issue, but the other part was that the producers needed to get rid of someone on the cast to make room for Ryan. They made a short list of people to fire and it came down to her and Garrett Wang (Harry Kim). They were going to let Wang go, but he was picked as one of People Magazine’s Top 25 Beautiful People, so the studio said to drop Lien instead.

What a business. Cripes.

I am like 3 episodes from finishing the 7th and final season of TOS on Netflix, I keep forgetting to just wrap that up, and I’m half-way into season two of DS9 (these are all second, and in some episodes’ cases like third and maybe fourth or fifth viewing). One thing that’s great about re-watching these again all these years later (besides the fact I feel like they hold up incredibly well) is that I must have missed several episodes every season, some of these are completely new to me, which is just a joy.

I’ve been picking up the blu ray editions of the TNG off amazon when they go on sale. I’m up to season 5, but I just finished watching season 1 last night. I had forgotten how oddly out of place that second to last episode was. The one with the gummi bear bugs who try to take over starfleet? Sheesh, that was a train wreck.

What? That was one of the strongest episodes of the entire first season. That and Neutral Zone, which I believe was the next episode.

It just seemed so tonally different than the rest of the show. It was almost outright horror (although I guess you could argue that the Skin of Evil was also in the same vein). Plus, the stop motion, cyan and white gummi bears that they used were pretty silly…you have to admit. ;)

Oh, and the savate/broadway dance fight off with Riker and the stunt double for the old guy was…just…great.

Conspiracy was supposed to be a much longer arc to introduce a new big bad enemy (especially since the Ferengi tanked in that role). Plus, the writers wanted to get darker.

The problem was that Roddenberry hated it, and then the writers strike hit between Seasons 1 and 2. So it died in its crib.

I suppose the good news is that the writers went back to the drawing board in Season 2 and we got the Borg.

Ah, that makes sense. It did feel like they were going for the long view with that one. They even had the standard ominous end teaser music.

Still, I think I prefer the Borg. And not only because they actually introduced them in the pilot even.

Man, I feel about Borg pretty much the same way most people feel about zombies - those big, lumbering, brainless things do not scare or interest me. In fact, putting space zombies into Trek tend to make me look at them like personified tech memes or sales pitches. “You want this newest model iPhone/tablet! Resistance is futile!”

I totally forgot about those creepy bug things that embedded themselves in people’s spines. I saw it when it first ran and then never again, I do wish they had made something more with those guys.