Best thing you'll see all week: Blow the Man Down

Title Best thing you'll see all week: Blow the Man Down
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie reviews
When March 24, 2020

You don't see enough Greek choruses anymore. At some point during the last millennia and a half, the Greek chorus fell out of favor..

Read the full article

This has been pushed incessantly on Twitch the last week or so. I’ll probably have to wait until my annoyance has died down to be able to properly enjoy the movie.

Do you mean Twitter? Or Twitch? How does Twitch push movies? I am sooo out of touch with social media.

-Tom

I mean short little interstitial ads on Twitch that pop up whenever I start watching a streamer. For some reason it’s been the same one, for this movie, every time for maybe the last week. I would have said I too am seriously out of touch with social media but I do watch a fair amount of Twitch, does that count? I guess it must be, now that I think about it.

Ah, you mean paid ads! That makes sense. I imagine indie movies like this spend a fair portion of their advertising on social media.

-Tom

The blurb had me at “a salty fishing village on the far reaches of Maine’s rocky coast.”

Ayuh, I will watch this.

Dunkirk makes great use of a Greek chorus with James D’Arcy and Kenneth Brahagh sitting on the mole in between the action.

Correction:
“some jagged direction and especially editing [get] in the way”