Best turret defence games

TD games are getting my attention again, and I’m wondering what gems people have discovered. I started playing Flash Circle and found it to be okay, if boring. Shock Defense is a little better, but has a finitie number of levels.
Onslaught is the best TD game I’ve found to date, and the creator is very active about listening to suggestions (rare for a flash game). It’s still in its infancy (as is obvious from the sounds and bugs), but the combo kills are very pleasing. Anyone have a favored TD or other flash game they like to play during down time?

My favorite is still the Desktop Tower Defense game (discussed in this thread). I’ll go give Onslaught a try though, I haven’t seen that one before.

Desktop TD is fantastic. Adding the new tower a few weeks back had me going through it all over again. I find the ‘hard’ level really hard, though.

Desktop for me too. It’s a really tough game now that they’ve changed how the creeps move.

Night Gunner

Welcome to 2003!

If I was playing War 3, I was probably playing a TD map. You guys are missing out with these flash clones – they used to be multiplayer! Sometimes coop, sometimes not. So you could might gold to send a nasty hero to wander around your opponents side.

If you have warcraft3 Frozen throne then you can easily find some TD maps under custom games on b.net. From solo survival to team survival to 2 teams fighting it out or everyone for themselves different styles some you need to mass towers others work best with just a few highly upgraded ones and my favorite ones are where you need to design your own maze to really win.

Damn, I never saw that thread. My bad. I’ll have to give Desktop TD a shot.

I forgot to mention that these are played during work downtime. I was thinking more of the type that didn’t involve installing software.

Or… Starcraft.

There are Thousands of different Defense games on BNet.

Also, anyone else heard the rumor about Starcraft 2? Sick.

Warcraft 3 has the best ever TD. It’s called Skibi.

It’s really hard to find, but I think it is simply unbeatable.

The runner has got to be the team-based Tower Wars … Mike, can you remember what exactly the name was? Unless it was Tower Wars, of course.

I’ve never played any of the WC3 ones. Do I need to install Frozen Throne to play them?

No, I haven’t heard the rumor.

Start typing.

There was a great one that was done in 3D by an indie developer. Master of Defense. I registered it back when I was playing and finished the whole thing. It’s not that long, but what’s there is pretty challenging.

Is there still a comprehensive site which rates and categorizes maps? I seem to remember it being really easy to pull up a ‘highest rated td maps’ list, but I can’t find anything like that today.

Desktop tower is great… but I don’t make it past like 42nd level on Medium.

Another vote for Desktop Tower Defense. Grrr, the developer, is very committed to it. He frequently tweaks the balance and even added an entirely new tower a couple of weeks ago, as Jonathon mentioned above.

I’ve played Onslaught a few times and enjoyed it, but the first few dozen levels are a real bore after you’re familiar with the game.

One good game worth mentioning (although it isn’t a tower defense per se) is Bowmaster Prelude. More action and less strategy than your average TD game, but fun no less. http://www.lostvectors.com/prelude/

That’s funny, Jack, those are the two games I play. BP and DTD. Those are both really stellar little games. And with BP you can save your progress.

They really are that great. I would argue that DTD and BP have seriously throttled my overall game consumption. The only game I’ve bought since January is OOTP 07.

Let’s start a Qt3 group on Desktop Tower Defense; if there isn’t one already.

When you finish your game and are submitting your high score, enter Qt3 as your optional group name.

Sounds good. My scores aren’t usually great though…I play to win.

DTD has eaten up a LOT of my gaming time though…fantastic little game.

Bowmaster is killing my hand though…I never did lose, but I quit playing after level 8 or 10 maybe?