Best TV intros / title sequences

Man, I loved Crime Story

Here’s a guilty pleasure:

House! I was weirded out when I first found out that the intro songs weren’t all the same.

Okay one more, possibly an example of the title sequence being better than the show itself.

Just a great, creepy intro that reveals more about the show than you realize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVx4cHVS--8

The music along is worth it for Angel Beats.

You know what should be mentioned here? The Kids in The Hall intro, particularly the song: “Having an average Weekend”

To me, the song is the main attraction, and is almost the best thing about The Kids In The Hall, period (and I say that as a fan). It has a sort of aimless, melancholy energy that perfectly captures the grunge-ennui of the era, without actually relying on being a grunge song. The show in general is (almost painfully at times) an artifact of its time, and the theme is a perfect micro encapsulation of that.

The visuals, which IIRC varied from season to season similarly are just sort of grainy, VHS captures of the kind of dead-end, aimlessness that characterized that same teenage angst. It’s gawking at the morons, but also with a tint of affection for them.

Those are excellent points. I can almost imagine Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet explaining to some groupies after a show, “Yeah, so, we might be great at playing surf rock, but no one has cared about that in like thirty years. Isn’t that hilarious?”

That VHS energy reminded me of another show I loved to watch on all those Saturday nights I wasn’t out attending high school parties. Fishmasters was a take off on the “Two guys in a boat spend a show fishin’ and maybe catchin’ something” kind of show that was everywhere on TV on slow Sunday UHF channels or maybe on cable stations if you or your parents were rich enough to have cable. The production value was barely above public access TV. The gimmick was that one of the guys was dumb as a post, and the other guy was dumber than that. They almost never caught any fish. They really put San Luis Obispo, CA on the map.

The intro sequence lays out the premise pretty well. I liked the driving energy of the song.

Fishmasterrrrrrrrrrs.

You know what I’m doing right now? I’m crushing your head.

Track 16: “We’re Not A Fucking Surf Band”

Man, those Generation X kids, you never know when they’re being ironic and goofing around!

@draxen should be here soon… :p

I didn’t see the 100 intro mentioned here, its really fantastic and changes a bit each year depending on the story.

S1

S2

S3

S4

Someone bumped this, and I submit…

So gosh danged good.

Hawaii Five 0 intro is the bomb. And the music is friggin’ amazing.

Others I like:

Paranoia Agent

The Simpsons

Futurama

Archer

Archer Re: Magnum PI

Non-Animated

Elementary

Honey West

Frontline (the Australian one) – I love the contrast between the well-oiled machine you see in the intro and the dysfunctional mess that’s revealed in the actual show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1RPxShzwfw

That Bird of Prey one is great. Never seen it before nor, indeed, heard of that show.

I’ve been watching this over the last week. One of the rare animes that I’ll both binge on AND not skip the intros.
(couldn’t find the english subtitles for the first one.) Both are by the same musicians, and I love 'em. There’s like, a million covers of both songs on youtube.

Posting two psycho pass themes, but not the best one?

I really should get around to watching season two.

I like all 3 (and really like the use of color in the intro you posted.)

I watched both seasons in about 5 days, taking a break (mob psycho 100?) before I watch the movie.