Best TV intros / title sequences

Hah! We need another season of THAT (mob psycho)

I’ve seen the first season twice. Rewatched it with my daughter when she was home from college last Christmas. One of my favorite series ever.

Can’t believe no one mentioned this yet…still gives me chills

and it’s not quite exactly a right fit here, but it probably won’t ever fit anywhere else

John from Cincinnati has always been a huge favorite of mine.

Just when it seems like it’s nothing but surfboards, you get a quick conception, a starburst, and a ‘bridge’ montage of scuzzy, man-made junk before returning to the ocean and crashing into a wave. Too bad the show wasn’t this good!

And, of course, this:

This is the music that you hear, as you watch the credits…

Can’t believe I had forgotten about that - this was one of my all time favorite shows, just brilliant.

Also can’t believe I just replied to a three month old post.

I think this deserves a mention.

And of course Bebop wins, but that’s a given.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot the only contender to Bebop’s throne.

Actually probably NSFW, I’d forgotten:

As far as just openings… I mean. Yeah Elfen Lied might actually win if I’m honest.

Oh yeah… and this masterpiece.

Mostly still shots over yawn-inducing generic j-opera? Um… yeah. One could argue that the entire opening sequence is just taking the piss, since the show itself is a blatant gorn-fest.

I actually liked the intro for ‘Lost’. It was one of the first “minimalist” show intros I remember seeing. No nonsense, get right to the crazy.

I find that Stargate Atlantis Opening theme and intro really do a nice job setting the theme of the show.

More anime. This show is really something else - not at all what I expected.

The Ping Pong show jogged a memory.

TJ Hooker has a great damn theme song, and the intro doubles as a training video for jumping onto moving vehicles.

https://youtu.be/9f7egJPIBjw

But it’s so edgy. It’s the edgiest. Also boobs.

Gorn-fest is a perfect way to describe it. Well done.

Yeah, never said the show was that good, but the opening is imo. YMMV

Very late but I’m glad someone dropped this in here. I never tired of watching and listening to it. The layering is sublime and the music just elevates the whole thing.

I thought the Dark intro was really striking with its almost kaleidoscopic and hypnotic use of mirroring:

More anime. I like this as much for the song as the visuals. There’s a particular bit (at 1m in) where the song hits a break and the visuals explode into color, and it’s a certain kind of magic.

Damn shame season two intro AND story were so bad.

So, my daughter has gotten into watching the Lion Guard recently (Disney’s Lion King universe TV show), which was supposedly pitched internally as “Lion King meets the Avengers”. Every time I see the intro, I reflect on how it seems to have cribbed from the Justice League intro’s playbook. (Even moreso from Justice League Unlimited, where the intro featured little action clips of a range of heroes.) The middle segment of the Lion Guard’s theme uses action clips pulled from throughout the season and change each season.

RIP David goddam Rappaport