Best TV intros / title sequences

Okay, I double checked and there’s no actual intro sequence. It starts with the recaps of the previous episode.

Jonathan Coulton of Portal fame does 12 different recaps. I’m normally a Skip Intro type of guy, but these are great.

Loved Sledge Hammer as a kid. That intro and hell most of the show would never be allowed today.

Loved this back when I was a kid also…

That was 50 seconds of gun fetishization, a title, and a catchphrase. I guess you think it’s cool because it’s minimal?

I just love the show. Yeah, the intro isn’t that special, I guess. Have you ever watched Sledge Hammer? It kinda makes sense in context.

Nope, never watched it. That intro isn’t exactly encouraging me to do so, either! :P

I apologize for any offense I have given.

LOL None taken. I was just trying to figure it out. I wouldn’t expect that sort of show from the time period it came from to display anything less than full on gun worship and power fantasy. Of course, all I have to go on is the intro so I could have it completely wrong.

Edit: Sorry if I made it look like I was putting up a fuss.

Like ‘It’s Gary Shandling’s Show,’ Sledge Hammer was at least a decade ahead of its time.

Wow, looks like I got it wrong from that intro. :P

Man, the Get Smart intro was (is) so good.

Yeah it was, and as a kid I also got to enjoy this every week. Voiced by Don Adams!

A cartoon from my youth (early 90;s), in the original Dutch, that was later translated… in all sorts of languages. For a kids show, it really pushed the envelope, with the first episode starting with the death of the character’s parents, and then tackling apartheid, biracial dating, the rise of fascism and the fall of the monarchy. That was between trips to the bottom of the sea and to space.

The theme song and show ideas were a product of Herman Van Veen, a much beloved dutch folk singer, and I believe he actually translated and sang the songs in German and English (possible also Finnish and other languages).

3-2-1 Contact! That brings me back. The first season was the best though.

There really is little to challenge Carnivale, imo.

I loved Sledge Hammer. It was so funny.

Unfortunately, after I watched a few episodes, I then saw it on TV again a few years later, and this time it was the same episodes, but with a laugh track in the background. It just felt so cheap and disgusting to me. The same show, but with an artificial laugh track to tell you where to laugh.

It didn’t have a laugh track when it aired in the 80s? I thought the Days and Nights of Molly Dodd was the only comedy that dared to do that… Or maybe Police Squad too.

I just looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently ABC insisted on adding the laugh track.

I watched the show internationally, OTA, either on Dubai TV or Qatar TV or Abu Dhabi, I forget which it was. That version didn’t have a laugh track. According to wikipedia the DVD version didn’t have a laugh track, and I guess the version they provided internationally to foreign channels.

I was having some cartoon flashbacks from my childhood, 3 more of my fav’s.

Love Danger Mouse. The intro to the new one is great too.