Best video format from Flash?

I have some Flash video I captured from Hulu, and I’d like to convert it to a format I can watch on the 360 or the PS3 from a flash drive. Is AVI going to be the best quality?

Thanks.

AVI is a container format, not a video codec, so there’s not really a direct answer to your question.

Any of these…

VC-1 in a wmv container

MPEG 4 Part 2 (“Divx”, basically) in an AVI container

H.264 in a mp4/m4v/mov/avi container

…should be capable of giving you results at least as good as the source video. Dunno what format the video is currently in now (because “Flash Video” also isn’t a codec, Flash can play lots of different formats… likely it is an H.264 stream, but that depends upon how you saved it?) but depending upon what format it is, you may be able to just drop it into the proper container and not have to reencode it at all (which will introduce additional compression artifacts though they may be negligible).

You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by Hulu in writing.

I don’t think a humorless lesbian should walk around the internet wearing a t-shirt that says, “I may not respect copyright, but I’ll sneer at your foul language.”

Thanks, CCZ.

Fuck right the hell off, Adree.

Tough being a moralist isn’t it?

Oh, goody. That post just wasn’t complete without one of your idiotic animated gifs.

Isn’t it time for you to get banned again? Good times…

Which one of us is doing something illegal again?

I’m guessing both of us. You probably don’t own the movie that clip is from.

* /

This thread has gone full retard, but OTOH sloths sure are cute.

“Shoot Adree!”

“No, shoot Angie!”

“I… I can’t tell which is which!!!”

I don’t know if that’s funny or sad.