Beta patch for Oblivion

That’s awesome…in a sick sort of way, but still awesome.

So, one month passed from the beta patch and the only changes on the final version are that two of the fixes were removed from the notes.

• the game still crashes on exit
  • the videos still stutter without “fast writes” enabled in the Bios
  • there’s still the mouse lag problem due to a crappy managment of the “render frames ahead”
  • the sound engine is still buggy, with sounds not playing, stuttering or being cut constantly

Congratulations.

I personally don’t get any of those problems anymore. New nvidia beta drivers fixed the mouse issue up nicely, and since the beta patch I’ve not crashed once.

I do feel bad for those with issues though and helped a clanmate fiddle with his system for about 3 hours to get it running smoothly.

I loves me some oblivion. I’m not quite able to full-on ninja out yet, but it’s always nice to be able to scamper up onto some rocks and make pincushions out of heavily armored bandits.

Don’t you know who I am? Of course you don’t. All you know is that you get whacked with some poison arrows until you throw yourself off of a cliff in a fit of rage.

Sword-fighting is SO gauche.

Yeah, bouldering is mega fun for archers.

Dread zombies = turn down the difficulty slider, though.

I tested the sound problem extensively in a cave where I have missing/cut sounds constantly.

I’ve tweaked every option in the .ini file without getting any change.

Through the sound debug screen (on the console “tdt” and then “showdebugtext 11”) I figured out it’s really something wrong in the engine. When the sounds are being cut or not being played at all the corresponding values show “paused” instead of “play”. Or switch suddently from “play” to “paused” before the sound has finished its loop.

So it’s definitely something not working in the engine.

I really wish this game had a better support.

I haven’t run into them, but being a potion ninja (especially after the first dark brotherhood quest) can really pay off. I found the total ripcord potion formula though. Restore magica, fatigue, and health at insane rates, while going invisible.

Levels 10 - 17 I stayed in cities because nature suddenly got real tough. Lions, Tigers, and Bears, oh my. But after a while and enough poison I was able to show them what for.

It might be fun to replay as a melee master or spellsword, but It’s far too entertaining to remain in the shadows and pump arrows into people while completely hidden.

I just finally got around to running the 360 version with the patch, and it really seems to run much much smoother. Also, the load times while wandering around in the wildernerss seem a lot shorter as well. Anyone else with the 360 version notice anything?

Happy me, who has no problems!

Speaking of which, Turn Undead > Zombie. I love how I can just sit there whackkin away at the Zombie while it attempts to flee.

My turn for a silly question! If I buy all the clothes that I can find in order to discover the best look for my (male) character, am I a homosexual or a metrosexual?