Bethesda E3 Conference

Starting any minute now.

Should be worth getting a discussion going (well, one would hope at least)!

Oh, I see, this is some sort of pre-show; the actual show starts in 15 minutes.

Wow, Doom looks pretty great - kind of back to it’s roots.

How many bots do they have on this stream to get to 400k viewers?

I only saw the last 2 minutes of the Doom presentation. Despite 4 or 5 enemies on screen at once, it didn’t look like anything that great or old school. Plenty of fatality animations though…

Asymmetric multiplayer might be fun.

It looked like it played like how I remember Doom playing like minus the fatalities.

Oh no, another platform

Doom 4 looked pretty damned fun, old-school Doom guy right here, and I love the idea of the doomsnap thing so even console gamers can make maps and custom gameplay modes. Good stuff all around. Battlecry looks like a lot of garbage to me, though.

I look forward to the day when I have a system tray icon running for each of the big gaming companies.

Eh, I’m sure I’ll play it, but you can see how they got this past the biz dev team. It looks like the idea is to put the player in an arena with various enemies streaming in, plus environmental hazards, vaulting, and double-jumping. Choose your weapon, my lord.

What I don’t get is why they needed to revamp it in the first place. There’s still some overdone Tim Willits style design to the levels and creatures.

I know it’s a meme to say guns have “no weight” but why can’t any modern shooter make huge guns that have personality?

Why the fuck would you show only CGI for a card/strategy game!?

Man, those Twitch chats… “Sellout 4”…

Dishonored 2. You’re the little girl now. Oh, and a definitive edition for the new consoles.

The Elder Scrolls Online. Everyone in the Twitch stream was pretty brutal about it.

Hearthstone clone.

Get your drinks ready. Todd Howard on stage.

Doom really looked great.

Battlecry looks like Team Fortress 2.

Elder Scrolls online makes me jealous of MMO fans. They get to see what all these different areas in the Elder Scrolls universe look like, that I’ve been wondering about for years. Like the Orc lands, and all the areas I haven’t seen outside of Morrowind, Cirodil and Skyrim.

The Elder Scrolls card game looks like a card game?

Fallout 4… here we go.

The faces look tolerable! Woohoo!

Where’s my iPad… :)

Damn, this is a great conference.

Wonder if he’s going to talk about mods. And their free-ness.

Bethsoft - swinging for the fences with a nice lineup. Glad they are sticking with Dishonored. Fallout 4 has that errie- ‘i know that place’ for me being a Bostonian and Doom.