Bethesda opens new studio in Montreal

This is not another Bethesda Softworks studio, it’s going to be part of Bethesda Game Studios.

December 9, 2015 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Game Studios®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that it has opened a new development studio in Montreal, Quebec to expand its development capabilities in console, PC, and mobile gaming.

“We’ve worked with some very talented developers in Montreal for a long time, and decided it was time to open a studio there,” said Todd Howard, Game Director and Executive Producer at Bethesda Game Studios. “It’s exciting to think about the new games we’ll be building together.”

Bethesda Game Studios Montreal has already established a core team of more than 40 developers, spanning both console and mobile development. The studio will be managed by industry veteran Yves Lachance as Studio Director.

“Our collaboration with Bethesda Game Studios has been an exhilarating and memorable journey already,” said Lachance. “We are thrilled to be launching the studio in Montreal and contributing our city’s great game-making talent to the kind of games that Bethesda Game Studios is known for."

Lachance worked with Behavior Interactive, the studio behind the iOS and Android versions of Fallout tie-in Fallout Shelter.

Adding 40+ people to Bethesda Games Studios is a pretty big expansion for the company.

In case anyone else is wondering what the difference is, Bethesda Softworks is the publisher and Bethesda Game Studios is the developer.

I can’t wait to find the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald in FO5

Yes! That would be a great quest!

(On a side note, at my office the Halon dumped without warning many years back, the people who worked that day said the Edmund Fitzgerald song was playing at the time, on a different day years later there was a power outage in the building and the backups didn’t kick in, same song was playing just before the power went out. Ever since the song is considered a bad omen. I even heard of a co-worker running across the room to turn off the radio when the song had come on, and they fell and gave them self a concussion. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the radstorms turn minutes to hours?

(Shoots radio)

I love that song!