BethesdaNet

I also don’t have too much faith in Bethesda on the networking side, it’s not exactly their strong suit, tho I haven’t played ES online

So, you just kinda make things up? ESO works beautifully, even with a technoology (Megaserver) that is unusual amongst MMO’s.

Eh, it wasn’t that beautiful the first weekend of ESO’s launch on Xbox One.

Eh , what online game is.

There is reason to be wary of Bethesda’s intentions given what they tried earlier this year. Most large publishers will do whatever they can get away with, because they don’t think their fans can live without their games.

The Bethesda.net launcher/client is now available in alpha version access.

Guys,…

remember to not reuse passwords, as this type of companies lose their data to crackers pretty often.

I want, no I NEED that peg-board to put all my weapons on. Do you think that will be available for PS4 people soon? Did someone make a PC mod for that?

I’ve seen some speculation based on what appears to be solid evidence that Far Harbor will include new settlement content, including weapon and armor display racks, or that they will be released around the same time as part of free Wasteland Workshop content.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! cough Yea!

So I think it was @lordkosc that mentioned being able to maybe log on to Bethesda this week and get free stuff for Dishonored 2 and Prey. But I’ve been trying to log into the launcher for the last couple of days without success.

I finally googled it. There’s a post from 6 months ago where someone found a solution. Instead of going through their launcher, where you get an infinite loop of accepting a new EULA, you have to first go to their website instead, and accept the EULA there, and then you can go back and try to log in on the Bethesda Launcher. Nice to know this is a known bug for 6 months and still hasn’t been fixed.

But what do you know, now instead of being stuck on the EULA screen, I’m stuck on the next screen in the launch where it’s been on a rotating Bethesda Square shape that’s been rotating for an hour. I think it’s crashed, or in another kind of infinite loop now.

These people can’t even let me log in to their launcher. How incompetent are they?

Ok, I killed the launcher and tried to login again, and now all my entries for games have turned into Fallout 2. *laughing. This is too weird. On Bethesda’s launcher now, every game is fallout 2.

You don’t need to log into the separate client. The free stuff is available in both games. You just need to allow the games to log into Bethnet.

New modes and bonuses are available for Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider, and all you have to do to get them is log in with your Bethesdanet account from the games’ main menus.

Ah, that’s a shame. I don’t own either game.

It’s stupid that the bethesda.net launcher won’t import existing installs/CD keys of Dishonored etc.

Man, that’s annoying it doesn’t allow clipboard paste of the password into the game.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnn it’s gone!

Good. It won’t be missed.

One less frickin’ icon, basically.

Just another piece of software to have installed, another login to be potentially hacked (on their end) and need to be reset, etc. It was hardly a major inconvenience or anything but the launcher added absolutely nothing in my experience, just more cruft to deal with to play games.