Better Call Saul

Glad to see, I’m not the only one who loved the line.

So, the recent episode…

Kim paying the price for taking in another client probably was one of the more predictable threads in the show. Nacho’s conversation with his father and seeing Irene’s reaction to being shunned by the others - heartbreaking to watch. Chuck now turning on HHM will be interesting…

I am an episode behind, but I did enjoy the previous week where Jimmy got the best of the community service supervisor. :)

[Warning:Breaking Bad spoilers}

I may be mistaken because this show is usually pretty good about continuity, but is seems to me that in BB when Mike held Lydia at gunpoint they were strangers.

I may have to go back and re-watch it.

I found [quote=“tgb123, post:285, topic:76388”]
I may have to go back and re-watch it.
[/quote]

I found this doing a quick search on YouTube, it’s half way into the scene but it seems like he could have known her indeed. I don’t really remember though, but I assume the people writing the show are better versed than I am (I’m actually re-watching BB and enjoying it immensely but I’m still on season 2).

Me, too, except I just finished S2.

Breaking Bad - I remain shocked that a TV show dared to demand its audience “work”, that is, pay attention to slow scenes, follow an ultimately antagonist lead, and follow such a long and jagged series of character arcs.

One of the moral points of Breaking Bad which ties in well to Better Call Saul, is that it’s about how, for certain individuals, momentum will drive life trajectory rather than initial or even immediate intent or decisions.

The past weeks episode, Jimmy was just brutal with the Bingo lady.

Also omg KIM at the end!

They really need to stop with the urinal mint shots. They had one this last episode and I recall another episode with prominent pube visible in the bowl. Stick with tarantulas or ash trays please.

I’m sure the director had the prop guy put that pube in the bowl.

So the season finally is tomorrow night which leaves me wondering what is up with calling 10 episodes a season? I understand GoT 10 was only 10 per season but BCS is like a rounding error on the GoT budget sheet. 10 is too damn short. Hell I remember back in my day a season of ST:TNG netted you 20 something episodes that left you satiated until September rolled in.

Cable shows are almost always 8-13 episodes. Archer was only 8 this year, for example, and Fargo is only 10.

I think it’s a much better length for most stuff. I can’t think of a single show that’s consistently sustained an interesting serial narrative over 22+ episodes in a season. Inevitably you get sidetracks and filler. Besides, it means there’s more room to go watch any of the dozens of other quality TV shows that you’ve missed or fallen behind on.

10 is great. American Gods was 8 and it felt like a lot of buildup for a very abrupt ending. A couple other shows I watch are 12 and that’s fine, but for me 10 is the sweet spot.

Yeah, to me 8-12 is a pretty good number, depending on the show. BBC has been doing this for ages.

Wouldn’t you guys like 10 more episodes of nothing but Mike eating pistachios?

Wow, what a season end!

What a sad end to the season with Chuck committing suicide and probably pushing Jimmy over the edge. Hopefully Jimmy leaves Kim before he ruins her life as well. Do you think that Chuck is/was actually a good guy?

BBC has like 4 episodes a season (example: Luther).

They do fewer, yes, but I was referring to smaller, tighter numbers of episodes, not specific numbers per se.

@Chappers Chuck is a terrible person. His dealing with Howard proves it without question IMO.