Better Call Saul

I think the point of that scene, and her interactions with her absurdly keen/qualified paralegal, were to show how overwhelmed Kim is getting. Same with the car accident. Her life is becoming unmanageable, and seeing the models drove home how not only is the end of work pressure not in sight, it will continue to ramp up because of the ambitious plans of her client, which will cause her workload to continue to ramp up too, unless she makes adjustments.

She should really hire a couple of associates given the nature of the client.

Wow, that guy was born the same year as my late dad (1928), and per Wikipedia he’s still around.

Can someone remind me the relationship between Kim’s client that has all the models and the client she (presumably) lost in the car accident? These are two different clients, correct? I think the guy with the models is the guy Kim and Jimmy won by Jimmy giong to Kinkos and making Chuck look bad. I’m not sure who the accident client was anymore or how that thread played out.

All this lawer stuff is so complicated. I agree with Desslock that Kim needs to hire more assistants. I am still not sure what to make of her ad hoc trip to the courthouse.

Mesa Verde is the client with the models and the one she got thanks to Jimmy’s shenanigans. She took on a second client (I forget the name) and that’s the one she was going to see when she crashed.

Yeah, that was a potential 2nd client, Gatwood Oil, while the main one (which she got from Howard’s firm) is Mesa Verde.

While listening to the letter. I wondered if Kim hadn’t taken it on herself to write the letter that she thinks Jimmy deserved as opposed to the one Chuck wrote but may be not.

There’s also the suggestion that maybe the letter dates from a while ago. Jimmy calls out that there’s no date on it, and based on what Chuck says in it, it sounds like it was written just as Jimmy was getting his law license.

My sister had an interesting theory- maybe Kim’s pregnant? Could explain her spacing out scene and being extra emotional. I’m more partial to the idea that she was just shocked by Chuck’s letter.

I think the scene with the models definitely points to how overwhelmed she’s getting with her client, and perhaps she’s coming to the realization that they were always too large a client for a single lawyer to take on. With Jimmy having been so instrumental in her getting the client I wonder if this is a (further?) seed of doubt planted in her about him.

I almost think the story line with the hummel figure is a weird parallel to this, the thief ending up trapped in a terrible situation thanks to Jimmy’s bad idea. Except maybe Jimmy won’t be able to get Kim out of the Mesa Verde situation so easily.

As much as Chuck was an asshole to him, I think he was fundamentally right about Jimmy. He shouldn’t be a lawyer, his instincts from his time as a grifter make him unsuited to it. For all his charm and good intentions he doesn’t think things through properly and other people end up carrying the can.

OK, was a scene in tonight’s episode in which a judge was speaking interrupted rather abruptly by a commercial for anyone else? It looked like a fuckup, but maybe it was intentional.

In 5 seasons of Breaking Bad and 3+ seasons of this, this was the first episode that had me checking my watch. I realize Saul is sometimes a slow burn, but c’mon.

Same, I got lost checking my phone several times and had to rewind to see what I missed. I was sad that I didn’t seem to miss much. I found the shoot out to particularly unsatisfying.

The episode was so slow, my DVR got bored recording it!

Kidding! :p

I’ll hope to find time to watch it tonight.

Also the whole group therapy thing didn’t work for me. Not only did the timing seem off (why now, all of a sudden?) but also out of character for Mike.

But now we know why Kim went to the courthouse!

Man, I really don’t get you people it seems. I was literally thinking while I was watching it that it would shut the “too slow” people up.

I wasn’t one of the “too slow” people until last night.

“You wanted me to talk. I talked.”

Loved that scene so much. Not so much because of the bit where he tears into the fake guy, but the part that leads up to it as Mike gets emotional while his daughter-in-law is talking about Matty. Jonathan Banks nailed that.

Mike isn’t one to talk a lot or show his emotions, and I’d figure he’d go to the group mostly because Stacey wants him to. However, Stacey remembering Matty gets Mike so worked up so much that he can’t hold back his anger. It’s not typical for him, but I found it plausible in the context of what leads up to it.

As for the pacing of the season so far, I’m totally on board with everything at this point. Wasn’t bored a bit.

I watched it on Netflix (where BCS is being made available in Europe), so no commercial break for me. The scene indeed ends abruptly.