Bill G, Single

Also that whole Microsoft thing kind of made him the more famous person in the pair.

It’s not like when two famous actors break up. One person was certainly the more famous of the two.

If Sarah Palin divorced her husband, we’d be talking about her being single not… fuck I forgot his name.
Doug?

Great point! The thread about that here even completely ignored the dude.

Granted it was also directly ribbing @tomchick so there is that too.

Pickup lines for Mr. Gates (and some blunders too):
“You know when I said 640k should be enough for anybody? Well, that was before meeting you.”
“And here I am. I have a bazillion dollars, but those can’t fix a broken heart…”
“I wish I could make a vaccine against solitude. Alas, one can’t make those. They’re born, not made. And here you are.”
“Oh, hi, I’m Gay … I mean, Gates! Hey, where are you going?”
“So, what’s your favorite fruit? Please don’t say Apple”
“Again, it was nice to meet you, but I can’t fix your blue screens. You know they happen to me too, right?”
“You know? You could tell me the Metro UI was a big mistake and I wouldn’t even care.”
“I won’t talk about Microsoft Bob, sorry.”

I await a deluge of wingman clippy memes.

Melinda was starting to get almost as much press as Bill, until Covid came along. Vaccines and water, were Bill’s thing while education especially of woman, and equality were more Melinda’s passion.

Given that they both announce the split in identical tweets, and I am cautiously optimistic that the foundation’s work won’t be too badly interrupted. Getting vaccine to developing countries has been the focus of the foundation since its inception and more than a few times, when the developed countries ended up arguing about who would pay to X, the foundation just stepped and said we’ll pay for this or well make up the difference.

All joking aside, if you are the public health minister of developing country, you are saying fuck! right now.

Hey, why did the thread title change? Now our jokes in-thread are outdated!

I wish them both the best on their separate paths.

I heard that divorce can cause serious financial harm to both sides when they are already in retirement, so I hope they land on their feet.

Melinda Gates is such a smart and likeable lady (Hell, they both are smart and likeable) - I saw her on “My next guest needs no introduction” and read her book Lift afterwards and she’s rather impressive, and has some strong ideas. Their foundation is also quite a force for good.

I hope its just like it seems - an amicable split !

Console fan-girl confirmed!

Wow.

It’s all coming out

I’m thinking that when she realized the Times and Journal were sniffing around this is when Melinda asked for the divorce.

Is there any indication of any non consensual sexual activities, beyond vague associations with Epstein, who seemingly every rich person in the world associated with?

Not that I could see.

This seemed very believable, based on what I’ve heard 2nd hand about Gates. It is very revenge of the nerds.

Six current and former employees of Microsoft, the foundation and the firm that manages the Gates’s fortune said those incidents, and others more recently, at times created an uncomfortable workplace environment. Mr. Gates was known for making clumsy approaches to women in and out of the office. His behavior fueled widespread chatter among employees about his personal life.

Some of the employees said that while they disapproved of Mr. Gates’s behavior, they did not perceive it to be predatory. They said he did not pressure the women to submit to his advances for the sake of their careers, and he seemed to feel that he was giving the women the space to refuse his advances.