Bill Paxton dead at 61

Apparently died due to complications from surgery. Of course you know this guy from so many things, like Weird Science and Aliens and Near Dark. Really rough to hear of someone dying too early.

Shit. Game over indeed. RIP.

Fuck, that sucks. RIP Bill.

What!!! Wild Bill? This is horrible news. RIP Bill

I just heard him on the WTF podcast last week. I loved his work. I’ll miss him a lot.

Yeah, this must have been completely unexpected. He’s been doing lots of promo stops to promote his new series. Was on Carson Daly and the WTF podcast as recently as mid February, and seemed in fine fettle.

RIP , such sad news. :(

Think I’ll watch Twister tonight, one of my favorites of his movies.

RIP Bill…Damn. we had just confused you for Bill Pullman for the millionth time in the Qt3 Codenames game too.

This really sucks, he’s been amazing in all his work. I should re-watch the excellent Frailty.

This isn’t happening man, this isn’t happening!

This one hurts :(

Gonna try to watch One False Move this week. Maybe the first film I can remember him carrying, and I think it still holds up as one of his best.

So sad. He’s such a great part of some of my favorite movies.

That was such an excellent movie, but even after all these years, I’m not sure I’d want to re-watch it. It was very disturbing. I think it was the first movie he directed and I was impressed with it.

Such a loss.

Sad. RIP.

Shares with Lance Henrickson the distinction of being the only two actors to die on-screen at the hands of an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator.

Twister is one of those movies that I always stop to watch whatever I run across it on the TV. I know it’s nothing but cheese but it’s cheese that I love! Goodbye Bill.

Damn! RIP Bill!

Near Dark is a personal favorite, but he was great in many things.

From the Trouser Press Record Guide, circa 1988, back when Paxton was pretty much just a “that guy” actor.

MARTINI RANCH
Holy Cow (Sire) 1988

California musician Andrew Todd and Texas-born actor/filmmaker Bill Paxton (director of Barnes & Barnes’ classic “Fish Heads” video) comprise Martini Ranch, a wickedly inventive, visually oriented pop-culture nuthouse of a band based in Los Angeles. Holy Cow variously resembles the B-52’s (whose Cindy Wilson guests here), Devo (Mark Mothersbaugh and Alan Myers contribute vocally and instrumentally; Bob Casale produced one song) and Oingo Boingo. Judge Reinhold whistles on one tune; Bud Cort vocalizes on another. Kinetic, silly, intelligent and infectious.

Another Martini Ranch video, this one directed by James Cameron, with cameos by Kathryn Bigelow, Paul Reiser, Lance Henriksen, et al.

Huh, never heard of Martini Ranch. And I did not know that Paxton directed the “Fish Heads” video.