Bin Laden been dead'n

I don’t make much of it, really. He has pretty much stuck to staying out of the public eye following his presidency, and this is consistent with that. While failing to capture Bin Laden was important when they blew it at Tora Bora, I don’t really think he has that much to apologize for with respect to aggressively pursuing AQ.

“We don’t need to spike the football” may go down as one of my all time favorite Presidential quotes.

Ya know, if I has as much disdain for a country as you appear to have for the U.S., I doubt I would spend all my time posting on a web forum based in that country, filled with posters from that country, worrying about the events in that country. Surely you would be happier staying focused on your own country and reading the gaming forums based there.

His dead pictures is fake, it was made with photoshoop. for some reason the goverment is lying about something. I just dont belive everything they say.

RETARDED

I’d dropped out of this thread because the cheerification factor was so high continuing towards a nuanced path began to look like a no-win proposition. You’re either wooting it up for bin Laden’s death or you’re a bummer and conspiracy theorist (and it doesn’t help that there are certainly some of the latter).

Greenwald seems to be on the same nuanced path I was stumbling towards but never quite found before I decided to cut my losses:

http://www.salon.com/news/osama_bin_laden/index.html?story=%2Fopinion%2Fgreenwald%2F2011%2F05%2F06%2Fbin_laden

rhino is definitely a spambot of some sort, but I can’t figure out what. Perhaps padding post counts until he can make links?

He pretty much said some years ago that he didn’t care where Bin Laden was, he moved past that. So, if you’re Bush, why would you want to be involved in a celebration of his capture/death?

I was just thinking about the Bin Laden courier:

If that was Bin Laden’s main/only source of communication, and IF some Pakistanis were helping Bin Laden(ISI or other), doesn’t it stand to reason that the courier made contact with a helper at some point? And our inteligence guys are watching that courier…so they probably got a lead or two, which is all that is needed, on specifically who was helping him.

Assuming there are some Pakistanis who are anti-terrorist, and assuming they have some power in Pakistan, our people might be able to feed them info on who to eliminate, thus fixing our little problem in Pakistan.

You know who else brushed thier teeth, don’t you?

That’s right: Abe Vigoda.

I thought he was dead?

So you’re saying that brushing your teeth leads to death 100% of the time?

Nope - http://www.abevigoda.com/

The guy that owns that page should never change the status, just so people will continue to argue about it.

Nope. The parts were probably smuggled into the country labelled as mail sorting equipment.

I’ll refuse to believe it until I see pictures of Abe Vigoda’s body.

I suspect that they smuggled the helicopters in by surgically implanting them into Abe Vigoda.

It doesn’t surprise me much that they exist. We have a stealth attack helicopter; a stealth transport seems like it would be a pretty useful thing to have.

(twas a joke. ;) )

And NOW Pakistan is arresting dozens of people in the town where Bin Ladin has been living for the last 5 or so years. Yeah, our $15 Billion in anti-terrorism money is being spent well in Pakistan.

Where else can we spend it, really? Even if only a fraction of it is going to the things we want it to go towards, it’s probably a decent investment. There aren’t too many places that have anywhere near as much utility to us in what we’re trying to do as Pakistan, and none of them are any better in terms of reliability or ideological purity.

Well, there’s incentives to consider:

Whenever I read reports about US government officials being frustrated by Pakistan’s cooperation in fighting militant groups, I always wonder what it is policymakers are expecting will happen. Our current policy, after all, is to give the Pakistani military a lot of aid that’s predicated on the existence of an Islamist militant threat. If the threat went away, the aid would probably dry up and even if it didn’t dry up it would be redirected away from military matters—we wouldn’t be interested in explicitly funding an arms race with India.

When the Pakistanis give us a desultory effort it seems to me that we’re just getting what we paid for.

http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/2010/10/pakistans-incentives/