Bin Laden been dead'n

Hitchens talks good, but he’s not a very deep or convincing thinker, especially here.

Chomsky talks really really good, and may or may not be a really deep thinker, but he’s a clear one, and in this case at least, correct.

I refer you to Article III of the Constitution for details.

Strawman alert!

He is not arguing what you’re saying he’s arguing.

He’s arguing against this. He’s saying that those things he refers to put the lie to Chomsky’s claim that “Nothing serious has been provided since.”

He is not, as you seem to believe he is, arguing the merits of the evidence as they might be presented in a court of law; he’s simply ridiculing Chomsky’s asinine statement.

That’s not helpful, since Hitchens doesn’t tell us what any of the sources he cites means. What does it mean that there are transcripts of Moussaoui’s trial? What does it mean that there are various journalists writing on Osama Bin Laden? If there has been serious evidence released to the public since 2002, then why not just tell us what that evidence is rather than dance around the subject?

I mean, I’m not suggesting that it’s up to Hitchens to prove anyone’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, but his whole method of argument seems deeply disingenuous.

All I have to add to this thread is this: If I die, I want Lum to create the thread and I hope he gives me such a wonderful thread title. “Bin Laden been dead’n.” I smile each time I read that.

If you know you’re likely to be mistreated by the system, sure.

Why? Am I missing something? I see the thread title every day and think “That’s not clever or smart or even a QT3 inside joke play on words kind of thing”

I missed when you posted it, but I think this is the worst analogy in this thread so far. How about “Imagine you’re bin Laden in bin Laden’s situation with bin Laden’s perspective on the US and the west in general, as best we understand it, and the US wants you for a pretty serious crime”? Donald Rumsfeld was indicted in European courts, and no one expects him to do anything but stay away. Would you turn yourself in if you were in his shoes?

Well, I still haven’t seen a “Raid on Osama’s compound” total conversion for a shooter.

But you can now recreate the flight in and out of Pakistan into his compound in Microsoft Flight Simulator X. (Freeware scenery available on Flightsim.com, search on Osama.) It’s in the precise location of the real compound.

EDIT: Moved the screens to the appropriate “Kill OBL for funz0rs in a game” topic.

KumaWar had it the next weekend, and some dude made a counterstrike map as well.

No good unless they also have people running up to you and yelling that Obama had no input in the attack that you are participating in.

Did we agree Cheney was evil and were doing “everything in our power” to find and capture him?

I think its far more akin to if the Mossad snuck into the US and killed someone who ran a concentration camp. While also assuming a large part of the CIA was actively feeding ex-Nazis intel and helping hide them.

Jesus tittyfucking christ make the horrible analogies stop.

You can discharge a man from the Marines, but you can’t discharge the Marines from the man.

Germans believe Star Trek is non-fiction apparently

That is like 17 different types of awesome.

Locher didn’t seem to notice (or care) that the skull in question was from a Klingon and included a bolted-on eyepatch. He and N24 also appear undeterred by the emblem’s inclusion of a phaser, 3 Klingon bat’leth swords and the word “Maquis.”

Wait, in this parable, is christ tittyfucking himself or the analogies?

That is beautiful.

The possibilities for an animated GIF are staggering.

He made it harder to find him since he had Google remove the VP residence from Google maps.

An interesting reply:

http://lhote.blogspot.com/2011/05/christopher-hitchens-is-full-of-shit.html