BioMutant - Rocket Raccon (not really) in an open world RPG

BIOMUTANT is a post-apocalyptic open-world ARPG that delivers real-time melee, shooter and mutant ability action. Replayability by varied and deep character progression, exploration of three systematically generated worlds, an underworld and a small solar system, by foot, mech, air-balloon, jetski and UFO. Biomutant also features a fully customizable (MMO style) character and mutation system, bionics and creative item crafting, plus an interactive narrative featuring a contextual storyteller where the players creates their own story of survival in a vibrant colorful world.

Rocky had come
Equipped with a gun
To shoot off the legs of his rival

But Daniel was hot
He drew first and shot
And Rocky collapsed in the corner

Looks super intriguing.

I like the setting. I hope the game itself is good too. They can take lessons from The Witcher series which this reminds me of.

Except for the whole “ahhhhh! Wolves!” every twenty or so feet thing, I’d be ok if they decided to skip that.

plus an interactive narrative featuring a contextual storyteller where the players creates their own story of survival in a vibrant colorful world.

Oops! I didn’t see this part. This is not like the Witcher at all! It sounds like procedural generation (but of story, not of levels). Either they’re really trying to sell this game and are exaggerating, or it’s going to end up really bland or meager or even broken. In 40 years of gaming, hand-crafted stories are still the best ones.

Looks interesting, but so twee!

The gameplay does look pretty cool.

This one has caught my interest. I love in the trailer how he rides a giant metal hand like a spider, and then the hand turns into a finger gun to fire on things.

That second video looks a lot more promising. The trailer makes it look like a dark, edgy game about anthropomorphic goth animals.

Oh dear, the narrator. I’m not sure this game is for me.

OK now that looks more like it. The mutated animals, giant robots and technicolor vistas put me in mind of Gamma World, for which I’m still occasionally nostalgic.

Like, +1, 👍, etc.

Loved Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, etc.

Any inkling of a release time frame?

“2018”. I’m guessing that means mid-to-late 2018, given that the game was just announced and shown for the first time. But who knows? The footage does make it look pretty far along.

Gamma World for furry lovers with a fairytale narrator. I can get behind that.

Yiff! I mean, yep!

Hi, looks like the release has been pushed further by January 2020. This looks interesting still. THQ Nordic looks like adjusting and perfecting in a way. :)

This game looks fun. I hope it’s not an EGS exclusive.

I hope not, buy yeah that is a possibility as Epic put more pressure on Steam. Whatever it is worth a try perhaps. Nice rumours in here for reference.

Any word if they are rethinking the narrator and tone of the game? I like the concept and the gamepaly seems decent but man the tone rubs me wrong.