Bioshock 2 gets Steam Achievements

This is great news. I just activated my retail copy in steam and have the DLC included. Going to install Bioshock and play through both when time permits.

Holy crap, BS2 multiplayer was fun ,maybe its even lag free now! Will check it out this weekend!

I never played Minverva’s Den at the time because of the delay for the PC port and the GFWL nonsense. Just started it up now. Very excited given the hype and my love for Rapture.

Nope. Laggy as hell still. Just about unplayable half the time.

Is anyone experiencing major sound problems? Dialogue, weapons and ambient noises are constantly cutting out on me regardless of what’s happening in-game. It’s extremely annoying. I’m not holding out any hope for a fix.

The sound system in BioShock 1 was flakey too.
Did you try disabling reverb in the audio options?
That helped a little for me.

I was having an issue with crashes on Bioshock 1 that was fixed by enabling ‘Stero Mix’ in my sound card options, I found this advice here. Hopefully this will help out with Bioshock 2 as well.

Thanks cobraskulls and draxen. Appreciate the suggestions. Hopefully it’ll work. The game, outside of the sound bugs, performs beautifully. I’ve been trying to play Bio 2 since 2010 but I always manage to run into some kind of trouble that prevents me from progressing. From what I’ve managed to play, it seems like a fantastic game.