Bioshock Attract Mode Narrator

Yeah, I read somewhere that they hired some outside media company to make that trailer, and whoever did it obviously had had no opportunity to play the game.

It’s also interesting (to me) after having played the game to go back and watch Ken Levine’s 15-minute developer commentary/walkthrough to see how much the UI and the Ft. Frolic level changed before the game released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTWu6xZHAg8

Is the attract mode 360 specific or is it across the board?
I’m lazy and don’t want to reinstall it.

IIRC, it’s this one

the trailer/attract thing was written and overseen by me…blur did the 3d, and they were awesome…

it’s not the tv spot…i feel it represents the feeling of rapture, and more importantly really introduced people to the big daddies. we actually learned so much from it that we were able to modify the big daddies to make them much more visceral in the game (by “we” i mean shawn robertson, john abercrombie and team)

(edited for spelling)

also, armin was pitched down a bit, but otherwise it’s all him…but it goes to show that typecasting an actor is often a terrible mistake.

Who ever said Shatner is a moron. It obviously Ryan! Did you guys even PLAY BioShock?!

(blink) Even listening to it after reading that, I can’t hear him at all. That said, slip Cam Clarke or Jennifer Hale past the radar and I’ll be impressed ;-)

I heard him once I knew who he was. Interesting that he was pitched down, though. He’s got that Charles Foster Kane cadence down.

The voice-acting in Bioshock is uniformly great - the best I’ve heard in a video game. I’ve been known to follow the splicers around a bit (later in the game - if you’ve played, you know what I’m talking about) to listen to them ramble. My favorite is the haughty Lady Smith model, who’s always threatening to “send the boy out to thrash you!” and complaining about the prime rib. The religious fanatic is fun, too. Best of all is the splicer early in the game who’s arguing with her husband about some Adam. Once you kill him, she screams in this great accent, “Chollie! Chollie! Where ya goin’? Grrrrr!”

I really should stop being such a fangirl.

Wow, I had no clue as I played Bioshock that Ryan was Shimerman. That rules.

It was my wife and she just started, moron.

So to sum up, Armin Shimmerman is the man and theKevin thinks Xaroc’s wife is a moron.

She based that just on the mannerisms of the speech?

His two best-known roles are pretty different: a strict, grouchy, by-the-books oft-flummoxed headmaster and a grinning, cunning alien entrepreneur who doubles as a sympathetic listener. So I’m not sure what I’d typecast him as, but it’s certainly fair to say I never suspected he’d play my favourite game character; an idealistic subaquatic empire-builder driven by a set of principles so dearly held that he’d die, almost by his own hand, for them.

Even now I know for sure, I still think it sounds nothing like him. I’d have an easier time believing it really was Shatner after all. Extraordinary job.

I suppose I should add that I also never spotted that Gao in Jade Empire was voiced by Serenity captain Mal Reynolds himself.