Bioshock demo now live!

…what?

Yeah, I’m dying here right now. The demo had all the awesome elements of SS2 with a killer atmosphere. I want more, MORE!

I’m looking forward to all your thoughts. So tell me, does it live up to 31 pages of anticipation? ;) I want all details!

Downloading now.

And I thought I was gonna get some sleep early tonite

I’m with Tom on this one, don’t play the demo. I played about 35-40% of the full game during 2k’s recent review tour, and Civ IV: BtS has been the only way to keep my sanity since then, as my every game-related thought eventually winds its way back to BioShock, and how I’ll have to wait until the 21st before I can play again. Plus, since I didn’t get to use my profile or hard drive, I’ll be starting from scratch.

OK folks, turns out that between my need to catch up on some work and my wife’s nightly struggles with a somewhat fussy newborn, I’m not going to get to play this tonight at all. So you won’t see me in this or any other Bioshock thread until I DO manage to play it…

Right now I’m exploding with anticipation. I’m on an imformation embargo regarding Bioshock for the better part of a year now, and the buzz in this thread makes me go all weeEEEE. Publish faster, Take 2 name robbers.

This remembers me of my first playthrough with Deus Ex, when at one time I stopped to ponder that this was the moment when I was playing this wonderful game for the first time, and how this really was a time to remember. I think I’m finally gonna experience such a moment again. Can’t - wait !

According to Levine (MajorNelson podcast) it indeed features the opening of the game, offering up to one hour of playtime. Slightly altered through from the final version, e.g., a few more weapons, tools and powers compared to what you get to see in the final version.

But yeah, seeing how I’m likely to buy the final version, I personally will stay away from the demo.

-Julian

Quoted For Motherfucking Truf ™

BOO TO THE RROD!! first crackdown and now this…

According to Levine (MajorNelson podcast) it indeed features the opening of the game, offering up to one hour of playtime

Bluh? One hour of play time in the demo? Maybe I was playing a different Bioshock, but the demo was more like 20 minutes, with 15 minutes of it being cutscenes.

Is that a cookie jar you’re fervently guarding? Nice!

Production values are amazing. Demo was almost entirely linear(as far as I could tell), basically just the tutorial

Now that’s how you do a fucking demo! I was already sold on the game, but now I want it like right this second.

“Steady now. Your genetic code is being rewritten. Just hold on, and everything will be fine!”

What’s funny is that since the demo is a slightly-edited version of the intro sequence, I’m noticing things that I didn’t see on my last playthrough. Like the fact that the even the beginning has hints of the scene where you turn into Robocop and make some pie with the Pope.
When the game is out on shelves and people are playing the full product, take your time and pay attention, that’s all I’ll say.

Tom was right. Fuck.

Demo is rocksteady awesome. If I hadn’t already pre-ordered, I sure would now.

Now THAT’S what I call a polished game.

Atmosphere. Look, feel. Writing. Creative approach. Graphics.

Totally sold