Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell

Title Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game reviews
When March 26, 2013

Bioshock Infinite is aptly named. It's an ambitious and sometimes dazzling story far too big for the too familiar game that holds it..

Read the full article

Before everyone sees this review on Metacritic and comes here just to say they're never coming here again, let me say that I really liked this review, Tom.

It's apt (to me, at least) that you should reference Christopher Nolan and Inception. That film was being awarded 5 stars and superlatives whilst I thought it was a 3 star film. Great ideas, wonderful ideas, but the execution wasn't quite there and was ultimately not wholly satisfying.

Also great point about character interactions when you're experiencing things in first person. Half Life could do the complete immersion thing because you didn't really have relationships with any characters. And that's something that throws me off in HL2 because of the intention to have Alyx seem like a companion.

Now let the gnashing of teeth commence.

I haven't played this game yet, but of those people I respect who have played the game seem to have the same opinion as yourself. Therefore, by proxy, I have the same opinion you do.

Er, wait, no. I have no opinion of my own yet.

I like to imagine an alternate universe- perhaps one in which Return of the Sith was among the greatest Sci-Fi stories told- where the point-and-click adventure game didn't die in a stew of it's own illogic.

In that universe, the mechanics of the point/click matured, grew depth, and allowed for gameplay which supported multiple verbs as part of core gameplay. In that universe, there is a BioShock infinite which better married its gameplay and narrative. A game in which you did not spend so damned much time shooting people.

Also, checkpoints suck.

oops

I kinda think these guys are hipsters, every game that has a ton of hype, they give it a bad review to generate flow on to their site, I mean 2/10 Halo 4? That's just a dumb kid review that hates the series, I mean i'm not saying its a masterpiece, but a 2/10. And GOTY The Journey had all high reviews nothing under a 7/10, they had to be the one company that gave it a 4/10. I mean, these guys just don't review very professionally, they review more like those CoD people if that if anythings not Gag like Boarderlands, or CoDish. I mean I think this review is better than their reviews of them games, and not all companies got to like it but its just a pattern i've notice.

booo I wanted 1/5 like Halo 4

Sometimes it is good to have some type of dissenting opinion in the sea of sameness out there. If every where I go all I get is people saying the same things about the all same talking points, it then becomes more useful to me to come here and read about something that no one else is mentioning.

I think we all did, tarek. You just don't get the same quality bile in the comments for a 3/5 review.

This review is absurd and only goes to show this site loves to make any big game look back in order to generate more attention to their site. This review is alone in a group or many more that did not see the game in this way. It's really sad.

I never heard of you guys until I saw you're the only negative on Bioshock Infinite so far. What badasses, trashing a good game. Now I know not to take anything you say seriously.

having almost finished the game i mostly agree with this review. Good game, but not that masterpiece everybody are singing about. Story wise its interesting, but game mechanics could have been more innovative. Its like first bioshok remake. kind of dissapointed. but it's ok.

Haven't played the game yet, but I'm one of the (apparently) few people who likes well-written reviews with dissenting opinions, and this was a very thoughtful review. First time I've been to the site, and I'm definitely bookmarking it and looking forward to future reviews.

recommend on reading the review. no one is trashing the game..it's called reasoned opinion

Um, 3/5 is average, not negative. Fanboy on, yo!

Way to drag the Metacritic average down from 94.10% to 94%. How do you sleep at night?

14 up votes for a comment where the poster says he doesn't own the game. So good.

Hah. That's the meta-dummies for you.

Instead of smugly insulting people, it might be best to read the guy's comment. There's nothing dumb at all about pointing out that he gave Borderlands a 5 and this game a 3, especially given that BL2 (to many people) was a boring lootfest.

This is a troll review meant to bring people to their site. Embarrassingly I fell for it as well and clicked over to here from metacritic to see if the review had anything of merit. It does not. I have finished the game and can confidently state this review is a joke.