Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell

This review is a joke. Just because we can't see Bookers face doesn't mean we can't grasp his emotion. In fact I'd argue the first person perspective makes the emotion in the game stronger. The world is well realized, the combat is fun, the story is gripping, and the overall experience is a revival of wht made games great before the era of COD took over. Judging from EVERY other review I've read, many agree with what I've said here. The game is certainly worth more than an average score, and your critiques seem flawed and one sided. Thanks for the laugh, back to Columbia I go!

6 for BioShock Infinite
2 to Halo 4
(...)
These reviews do not present any argument that justifies the low score.
These reviews do not make the least sense.
Learn to differentiate the game from a bad game that you did not like.
Do not listen to this review, or much less to this site.
Regardless of the grade given to a game here is good or bad, the arguments make no sense, and games like Bioshock Infinite should be evaluated by people who really understand the game.

I made this account to tell you how shitty this review is. I have just beaten the game and I can say this is the best game I have every played. The gameplay is fantastic just like Bioshock. The story is more amazing than any other story you'll find in a video game. To have your own opinion is no big deal, but your final score isn't your own choice. It is supposed to reflect upon the game, not your own idiotic ordeals. I never enjoyed the Half-Life games, but that doesn't mean I don't know they are great games. You should honestly quit your job and kill yourself. It's unbelievable how bad you are at your job. You turned this whole website into a fucking joke. I'd love to hear you explain to me how this game is a 3/5 stars. Wanna know why? Because you can't fucking do it.

The review is three stars because of how our ratings systems works (there's a link at the bottom of the page). Three stars means "I like it". And seeing as how I like Bioshock Infinite, it gets three stars. Pretty simple, really.

Why? An aggregate is supposed to aggregate opinions, not normalize them. This isn't ski jumping.

Actually, I think Oscar broke up with my character. Which is a form of getting fired, so fair point.

Do you know how unprofessional a rating system like that is? Oh, wait. Of course you understand. The story of this game must have went sky high above your head.

So, a 7 on the 7-9 scale? Ouch.

I'm afraid I have no simple answer for that. I guess the easiest way to answer is to recommend that you go to our reviews list -- click the review tab at the top of the page -- and sort it by rating. The 5-star reviews will sort to the top of the page, and that might give you some indication of what I look for in a game. But just quickly, I can say that I value innovation, good writing, narrative, replayability, a focused sense of providing a specific experience. I guess it depends on the genre as well. I look for different things in an RTS than I do in a shooter, for instance.

Frankly, that's a tough question. How would you answer it? What makes a game successful for you?

Why is it unprofessional? A review is an attempt to articulate your experience with a game, movie, book, or what have you. The rating is simply shorthand for how much you liked it. I don't know how you get this silly idea that a rating "isn't your own choice". What an absurd comment, but hardly unexpected coming from someone who wants me to kill myself.

If you expect a rating to somehow magically reflect the quality of a work of entertainment, you're expecting something they don't provide. A review is never going to be an objective measure of the quality of an inherently subjective experience. What you want is quite literally impossible.

So does this site just write reviews the opposite of metacritic for traffic or something? Ill admit I don't think Bioshock Infinite quite lived up to the hype but it should definitely rate at least an 8.

I tend to gravitate toward games that are addicting (i.e. League of Legends, Final Fantasy Tactics, Civilization V). However, when I'm reviewing a game I look for it to compel me, have polish, and leave a good lasting impression. BioShock Infinite compelled me and was polished, but I don't feel like playing it a second time. I'd give it a 9/10 for that reason.

Upvoted for "worst than cats"

HIs credibility cant be undermined because he has no credibility to begin with....

Your review is the only review below an 8/10. There's a difference between having your own opinion and being ridiculous. That being said, what game is a 5/5 to you then? Hmmm? If one of the best games of this generation isn't, I don't know what the hell is. Go to gamerankings.com. Bioshock Infinite is holding up a 97.86% on the PS3 platform. That is outstanding, a true masterpiece of a game. Take a gander at the XBOX 360 version of the game and it sits at 91.55% because of your terrible score. I have no problem with you having your own opinion and to even have an out of the ballpark opinion, but you owe it to the public to do your damn job when scoring a game. People look upon scores to determine whether or not to buy a game, and I don't want people like you to be the cause of others to miss out on amazing games. Now please explain to me how Bioshock Infinite isn't a masterpiece. What makes it a 3/5? You said look at your scale, but you didn't tell me why it isn't a 5/5. This is such a joke. Everyone in the comment sections seem to know it as well.

EDIT: I found out you gave Halo 4 1/5, Far Cry 3 3/5, and Assassin's Creed 3 5/5. There is no place for you in this industry. And the next time I see a shitty score from you on gamerankings.com, I will ignore it knowing you only seek attention. Enjoy trolling the entire gaming community, asshole.

If you'd like to know what a 5/5 game is to me, I'm pretty sure you could figure it out given the site where you're writing your comment. It's really not that hard.

And if you'd like to know what makes Bioshock Infinite a 3/5 to me, it's also not that hard to figure out given the text higher up on the page. You know, the actual review I wrote. You could always read it, and I guarantee it would make for a much more interesting topic of discussion than some number whose meaning eludes you.

What's it like to be hated and to be so wrong? You can't even tell me what's wrong with Bioshock Infinite.

Oh, and it's very professional to ask for donations on the main page.

Why would someone hate me because of how I feel about a game? That's pretty messed up. Wait, does this mean you were serious when you wrote that thing about how you wanted me to kill myself?

As for what's wrong with the game -- there's plenty right with it, by the way, as you might expect from a game I actually I like -- not only can I tell you, but I have! It's called review text. Most reviews do not, in fact, consist solely of a number.

And, yeah, I'm not really comfortable asking for donations. We do have a PayPal button up there. But whatever you do, don't use it unless you donate at least five dollars. Because for every donation OVER A DOLLAR, I get charged five dollars. Please don't abuse that!

You don't know what the proper use of the word LITERAL is. Funny that this website has NO game advertisements, because most game companies probably don't know it exists which is LITERALLY why this site always trashes them, LITERALLY!

I admire your attempts to defend yourself, but at some point you have to realize that you don't want this sort of person to like you, because they tend to become stalkerish at that point.

A person who thinks majority opinion is God-given and believes anyone who defies that notion is a deviant so perverse that they're unworthy of life is not the kind of person you want on your side.

The strangest thing to me is that the same people who feel passionately enough about videogames to make this kind of foul suggestion want them to be reviewed like hardware. So, the thing you love enough to place life or death importance on it is essentially just functional or non-functional? Do they not understand that every form of art can (and should) be polarizing?

If everyone legitimately feels the same way about a videogame, that tells me that there is either no artistic vision behind the game, or no intellectual diversity among the reviewers. Homogenous opinions are fine for technology, but if something is or aspires to be art, there is no better sign for it than to be provocative enough that some people feel dramatically different than others about it.

The point of criticism is to inspire improvement. A critic who has nothing negative to say (hopefully supported by constructive suggestions) is simply not doing their job. A critic who dismisses or glosses over all negatives because everyone else does so isn't doing their job either.

If you only need your own opinion affirmed, find a mirror. You shouldn't need to agree with someone to see value in what they do.