Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell

I have played through Bioshock infinite and you sir are a moron. If you paid attention to the story you would realize why you never see his face. It is a massive spoiler. Booker Dewit is in fact Comstock. Oops spoiler alert. Anyway this guy is the worst reviewer i have ever seen.

Yes i have and its a Masterpiece. If you do not like it you must have the attention span of a 5 year old and you like fast paced COD crap. When this game gets Game of the Year and it will you and Tom will be eating your words. Oh and Tom Chick enjoy having the only low score for Bioshock Infinite.

The engine's fine. You played it on a decade-old piece of hardware. Play it on a proper gaming system, a PC (ideally a modern one, the best effects are taxing). It's vast and gorgeous. Why on Earth *aren't* you playing it on PC, anyway? Boggles the mind.

That's not to disagree with some of your other criticisms. It's a good game, but not great.

Oh, and since I see so many of the meta-critic reading sort here (sigh.), to be clear I'm not claiming consoles in general aren't proper gaming systems, just that really old consoles aren't. Not for playing a modern game, anyway. Sadly, really old ones are all there are just now. Happily, building much more powerful PCs are cheap and easy!

He just wanted to get hits on his shitty site. Period.

This is the same faggot who gave Halo 4 a 20, Journey and Max Payne 3 40's, Far Cry 3 a 60 and Mass Effect 3 an 80, but gives Lego City Undercover , Pinball games and SSX a perfect 100. Unless he owns this shitty site, I don't see how he has a fucking job.

You actually do see Booker DeWitt's face. At least twice. And that's not counting the box cover.

You know the difference between opinion and review? If I show this game to my grandmother, she would rate it as 0 from 5. This is her own personal opinion, but this has nothing to do with an (halfway) objective recension.

So if you would call this text 'my personal opinion' and not 'review', nobody would disagree you. And metacritic or gameranking would refrain from using the assessment.

You already posted this, go back to sucking Chick D

Hahaha. Now THAT was hilarious!

No, it is not clear that the reviewer is "trying to be like a hipster." Maybe he honestly, truly did not think the game was phenomenal. That can happen, you know!

I've played lots of highly regarded games I just flat out did not like. Even years later, I am absolutely flummoxed by the praise they get.

Folks need to get off this idea that there is some "true" score each game "deserves" and Metacritic finds that. People slag IGN, GameSpot, etc., every day of the year yet somehow their reviews are held up as "true" for games like Bioshock Infinite or Halo. Why is this? It makes no sense.

A game can get 99 10/10 scores and 1 0/10 and that 0/10 is just as valid as all the 10/10 scores.

This idiot just ruined this games metascore. Im sorry but anyone who thinks this game is merely average is a moron and doesnt know shit about videogames.

Considering the metascore dropped by 3 points because of this incompetent douche, yes everyone does.

u mad tom :|

Ohhhh my gaaaaaaaawwwwwwd! Not the Metacritic score! We have to sound the alarm right now!

I hate to disagree with someone with such an awesome name but what you describe should be the difference between an amateur and a professional review, of course there is some matter of opinion there, but a professional reviewer should be able to be objective and realize that the technical merits of this game as well as the story, how well done Elizabeth is..all this make for an incredibly well done game. Having now beaten it, I can tell you firsthand that a 60 is ridiculous, Elizabeth alone is worth 60 points, she is one of the most meticulously crafted and well made characters in any video game ever. This reviewer finds ways to bash on her for giving you items and porting things in, complaining that it's guns or health...who cares? You can only fill up ammo on the gun once and the health is limited. To call it "game breaking" is truly moronic. He also complains that you can't see Booker's face during the conversations...it's an FPS...they obviously did not want to break the immersion by going 3rd person or having cut scenes. Another stupid nitpicky criticism. Either way, neither of these are remotely game breaking. Bottom line, it's a poorly reasoned and just plain bad review, and there is plenty of good reason that it's getting all the praise it got. Someone giving it a 60 honestly probably shouldn't be reviewing games for a living because they don't know what they're doing.. That's my honest opinion, disagree if you want. Take care, getting off this low rate amateur website for good.

It is impossible to be objective in a game review. It's all opinion. All Tom or anyone else can do is describe their experience with the game honestly.

You might love Elizabeth and think she was an awesome character. I might not. If I don't connect with her, then I won't find the appeal of the game that you did. The idea that Elizabeth is a great character is not an objective fact. It's an opinion, and opinions differ.

You say that neither of those issues are "remotely game breaking", but again - maybe I would. There's no way of objectively stating what is and isn't game breaking. It's all opinion, all of it.

I must admit that I did not know this site. Only the far below
average valuation of Bioshock Infinite made ​​me curious. There are
always reviewers who have an understandable opinion outside the
mainstream, so I was interested in where the low score came from.

Sorry, but I found the article about Bioshock just shameful. This has only very little to do with serious journalism.

Well, I read the FAQ and can understand your point. In fairness, you should
then ask metacritic and gamerankings to remove you from their summary
overviews.

I read some other reviews here and overall I believe that you do not care about video-games. Your motivation is a mystery to me. Perhaps you enjoy the apparently power of your words.

I'm sorry about you.

"You should honestly quit your job and kill yourself."
I love that video games can inspire so much passion in people. Sometimes it comes out in troubling ways but it is still good to see.

its like a troll review from the metacritic user reviews

It is really weird that you say that bit about getting charged for taking donations on Paypal. The fee last time I checked was 2.9% + $0.30. So what gives?
I respect your opinion and don't care how you rate games, but you aren't trying to trick these people into donating money to you, are you? That would kind of be unethical.