Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell

Cod was better than bioshock infinite, bioshock 1 and 2 were better than cod.

Actually bioshock 2 was better than this linear generic piece of shit that instead of having a good campaign it copy and pastes the same gunfights all over and has one thid of the logs that the previous games did and explain half as much about the world.

Black Ops 2 is a carbon copy of every COD game that came out since 2007. They do not add anything new or innovative to the COD franchise with their yearly installments. It's a trash game and a trash series. High sales does not = quality. Justin Bieber outsells most musicians, does that mean Bieber is the best?

COD is the Justin bieber of video games. A shitload of stupid gamers love the series, and more gamers that don't like playing the same game every year hate COD. Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us are 1,000 times better than COD Black Ops 2.

lol.

They were, Assasin creed was an open world game with good story, bioshock infinite was a subpar shooter that cant get straight wherever it was to be linear or not.

Darkness 2 had far better combat, story and better pacing and variety, infinite is the same shitty arena fight from start to finish.

NO

Black ops 2 feels more like future soldier or syndicate or fear 2, but i forgot you only play the multiplayer.

"High sales does not = quality"

Ok then go check the cod franchise ratings, they are steady after all those years. So no you are inorrect.

NO bioshit and the last of crap both suck shit.

Thankfully I only rented this game, I turned it off about 2 minutes after the actual shooting began. That moment was just so incongruous with everything else that had happened up to that point in the game that I knew I didn't want to waste any more of my time. I felt like the developers shoehorned a shooter into what should have probably been a Telltale Games-style adventure game.

The setting is gorgeous, but there is really no way to interact with the world beyond shooting at it when the game occasionally allows you to, which really degrades the impressiveness IMO. Even then, the endless, in-your-face moralizing and over-the-top stereotyping was more than a little tedious. As another reviewer said: "It comes across as silly, childish, and naïve. Like a fifteen year old telling you that the government is, you know, real bad man."

Quarter to Three = Absolute BS
Yes, they are allowed to give Bioshock Infinite a 3, but after reading a review, it's sounding like a 4 - 4.5
JUSTIFICATION, PEOPLE!

These guys obviously have very biased opinions on games and went into Bioshock Infinite expecting it to be exactly the same. THIS ISN'T CALL OF BLOODY DUTY. I went into this game not expecting anything, and enjoyed it much more than people who went IT'S BIOSHOCK 3.

Even worse, they give brilliant games like Bioshock Infinite a 3, whilst they give crappy indie games 4s and 5s. I am never going to accept Quarter to Three as a critic or reviewer, but as a very biased group of fanboys.

It was a big letdown...checkpoints are annoying and limiting the weapon load-out to two pretty much killed the enjoyment factor for me. Good review. This game looked SO promising...and didn't deliver. I went back and played both Bioshock and Bioshock 2...totally different league or cohesion in gameplay & story.

finally someone gets over the hype and writes a reasonable review about this game.

Finally played it and finished it, and you're totally right on this one.

I think the game looks quite nice on PC (breathtaking even). I haven't gone far but I do kind of agree with some of the sentiments of the writer. I haven't met Elizabeth yet and though the game world is intriguing I just don't really feel like playing any further. I might, but I but I am not chomping at the bit for some 'Infinite' time.

Not everyone thinks you're crazy for the review Tom. I just put 7-9 hours in on this one, got to the Hall of Heroes and gave up. This is getting put pretty far down on my backlog. Bioshock is pretty to look at and the story is good enough, but it's just too much of a slog to advance the story a little bit. Why do game developers think it is fun running around to every desk and box to see if something useful is inside? There are a lot of games I've already played and rather be playing than Bioshock Infinite, and many more games on my backlog to try. If Bioshock Infinite were my only game I would play it. It's decent. But why settle for decent when you have over 400 games?

Just starting this for the first time. I have to say this is one of the best of your reviews, Tom, that I've ever read. I am thoroughly enjoying myself and so far also thoroughly agree with the arguments in the review. What makes the review so great to me, however, is how you capture, in such a nuanced way, BI's implications for gaming as a whole in terms of its maturity as a narrative art form ineluctably bound to its history as "merely" entertainment.

Sorry for that crazy last sentence. I'm typing on my tablet while riding a city bus.

I was talking about all the undue high praise this game got recently on reddit and someone was talking about terrible games journalists are and how they have agendas and all this.

I told him to check out Tom Chick's work and that I loved his reviews. I went and googled his Bioshock Infinite review, I had forgotten how much shit Tom got for this review, which to my eye, having played the game through to the last battle on the air ship and watching the ending on Youtube, is more on point than any of the myriad 10/10 reviews.

I think history shows Tom landed on the right side of this game and it definitely deepens my appreciation for Tom's work.