Bioshock

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14052

But, jokes aside, this is pretty cool. I’m sure we can expect the true SS nuts to descend quickly and gush with excitement. :D

At the end of Levine’s interview he says something like, “Almost the entire SS2 team is still intact and can’t wait to work on this game.” OK, now my panties are moist.

Gush.

:D

The wait will probably kill me.

Yep, that’s what has piqued my interest as well. I don’t follow franchises or publishers as much as I try to follow specific game designers. If the whole team is in place, then all the better.

Great stuff, but I think they should have gone with Unreal Engine 3. The shadows/per-pixel lighting/whatcha-ma-callits would be better with UE3.

It’s been in development for 3 years. UE3 just recently came out.

I thought the same thing, too. But after Tribes and Swat 4 I imagine Irrational are comfortable with the engine and their current development tools.

They really didn’t say much about how far into development they were. Sounds like they’ve been talking about it for 3 years or so, but it also sounds like they’ve completely scrapped one design doc and one prototype so far. I wonder how far along they are.

They already have most of that stuff added for SWAT.

That is true. I forgot that your CGM preview for Swat stated that they were using frame buffer effects.

I guess this means System Shock fans will not go apeshit like the Fallout ones?

Where’s The Lost?

I’m worried were getting another cramped half assed XBOX port ala DX2/TDS… but then again Irrational hasn’t let me down yet… they can’t be too irrational by making a dual xbox/pc game… no way… it didn’t happen with FF or Vengeance or SWAT 4… so I see Bioforge being PC only… I know this is the right thing folks.

etc

Have they said they’re doing an Xbox version? I think they’d be silly not to, but I also hope it’s developed for the PC first.

Has Irrational ever developed a console game or ported a PC game to a console?

The Lost was supposed to be a PS2 game. I’m wondering where it went as well. It sounded great.

The Lost was supposed to be a PS2 game. I’m wondering where it went as well. It sounded great.[/quote]

Damn, your right, I had forgotten all about that. I remember being pretty interested in this game way back.

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=156950#156950

–Dave

Ah, I remember The Lost. They came by the office one day and demo’d it. It was early, but it looked pretty cool, and pretty creepy. Too bad.

You can still see art from The Lost at the top of Irrational’s website. Not that I really know a damn thing, but that tells me that it’s still in some sort of development.

The BioShock news makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside though.