Birdgirl

Yeah, I miss Potomus.

It would be nice to see others even as guest appearances. I have to assume Phil will show up at some point even.

“I’m no Fred Flintstone but I’m gonna make your bed rock!”

Just accept that it’s a different show and premise.

I mean, I accept that it’s a different show and premise, I just unfortunately don’t enjoy said different show. Ah well.

I haven’t seen much of it myself, but usually, anything with Paget Bruster has at least that going for it.

And that can carry a show. Look how good community is.

It’s weird. I don’t have any Harvey Birdman baggage and I think it’s pretty fun. But then I hear a chief complaint that it’s not Harvey Birdman and my response is, “so?” It’s called Birdgirl and is obviously supposed to be its own thing, why are you guys so hung up on it not being the same? I could understand if it was called Harvey Birdman: The Return or something.

It was a very good show, with some great moments and memes. So, people are reminded of the show, but it’s not the show. So, there is a little bit of let down, simple because that show is front and center.

Or not.

But, if you get a chance to watch Harvey Birdman, attorney of law. Also, watch Sea Lab 2021. Because it’s 2021.

I’m a massive Harvey Birdman fan, own all the DVDs, and I am LOVING Birdgirl. I’m fine with it being different, I see that as a strength. You can’t make everything the same.

I total agree. But I can understand missing some of those HB elements.

Then again, we are talking about a show that just started, vs a show that had 4 seasons. I am sure that BG will be great fun, and compare positively to HB.

Yeah I mean who doesn’t miss Gary Cole or Peter McNicol, but this show I think will totally find its own voice. It so far is a lot WEIRDER than Harvey Birdman, and that’s fantastic.

Huh? There’s more money for the animation budget now so they don’t have to ape the lower framerate of 60s-80s cartoons. She doesn’t have as thick thighs, calves or hips now. If anything, the old designers were uglier.

I think the griping is simple lack of Ken. Let’s face it, he was a great character, and it will be hard to catch that lightning in a bottle again. I think it’s also going to suffer from losing the trial format, it allowed a completely different plotline every episode where this looks like it’s going to have to carry a story forward. Give it a chance.

The new animation looks much lower framerate, and generally lower quality to my eye, than Harvey ever did. I assumed they were just knocking it out on the cheap. Maybe it’s just that cheap animation is less jarring when paired with old Hanna Barbara cartoon characters.

Episode 5 is out

“Topple the Popple” recap and review. (spoilers obvs) - I love the whole Bird Team.

That. Was. Amazing. It’s like each episode is getting both weirder AND better.

Yeah, I agree with this. Just from the first episode, it leans away just a bit from the sheer silliness and into the weird. Yet, for me at least, despite the lack of the Hanna Barbera characters, it felt very much like the original… something about the sheer manicness of it all.

Also, I want an hour long gif of Zemo dancing with Birdgirl saying “oh my god” on repeat.

Brian, the dog and Charlie are definitely bad people but the rest of the Bird Team are mostly earnest do-gooders especially Judy and Captain Pants. I do love a full figured female character with Charlie though.

Yuussssss

Is Benjy on Team Bird or not?

I dunno how they do it but each week just keeps getting fucking weirder and I am totally here for it.