Bitches Brewin': a monthly forum mix-tape

I really enjoyed that, went back and listened to a few things I had missed.

New month, new music, insecure men!

This month Iā€™m rather enjoying the unlikely pairing of John Grant and Stephen Mallinder (he of the classic industrial band Cabaret Voltaire) coming up with old-school electro-funk workouts under the name Creep Show. Iā€™m a huge fan of both of these people, so Iā€™m predisposed to love itā€¦Iā€™m not sure how much itā€™ll appeal to anyone else. I guess thatā€™s what a forum mix-tape is for, after all.

I have no idea why it took me a couple of months to really get into Olden Yolk, but I am enchanted by them.

Itā€™s a side-project (maybe) of Quilt guitartist/songwriter/occasional singer Shane Butler, along with a NYC-area multi-instrumentalist/singer/songwriter Caity Shaffer. And theyā€™re really good.

John Grant? Quilt?

GOOD WORK, LADS!

A new album from my favorite band The Amazing is due out Friday so Iā€™ll add that soon.

Appetizer:

Now playlisted at a Spotify near you!..

Itā€™s all in Moussa Faderaā€™s drumming, how he approaches The Amazing like a jazz group. Reminds me of how Damon Krukowski held down Galaxie 500 and Damon & Naomi so beautifully.

Just now trying thisā€¦ didnā€™t know what to expect, but this is way cooler than I expected. Thanks!

Reminding me of The Auteurs and The Church.

Last month is here! I enjoyed that one; I actually had Creep Show lined up for later in the year but pretty happy to hear it now.

This month, I think Iā€™ve added the correct album, but I have a back-up if not.

Literally everything last month was fantasticā€¦loved the new Amazing and that Olden Yolk was terrific. The find of the month was definitely Insecure Men though. Thatā€™s been my ā€œfirst thing in the morning go-toā€ record for the last two weeks,

This month, putting up Persona by Rival Consoles. He manages to mash up fuzzy ambient textures, clubby techno and industrial beats and it emerges sounding downright soothing.

Wow! A video from ye olden days when musicians shaved. So shocking!

I just saw that the new Belly album is out. Havenā€™t heard it yet, but since I donā€™t know what else to throw in, you get Belly! Enjoy?

P.S. I agree about Insecure Men! Great album.

Iā€™m new to this Bitches Brewinā€™ forum mix-tape but a quick glance at the most recent albums and I nearly got to see Rival Consoles at a festival last year but he was on at some early hour of the morning and we were just so shattered from a busy day. Shame too because I dig a lot of what Iā€™ve heard of his!

last month

This one- Elon Muskā€™s least favourite rodent!

I added the Soft Science lp that came out today, ā€œMapsā€. Itā€™s a terrific dreampop album, long on hooks and memorable songs.

Crikey, the new Oneohtrix Point Never album (ā€œAge Ofā€) is something to hear. Getting closer to a pop recordā€¦not quite there yet. I figure heā€™s got three more years or so of this experimentalism until heā€™s producing Drake singles.

Late night chill soundtrack anyone? Iā€™ve added Fixed Rope (II) by Express Rising whom I dig.

Last month.

This month, it rains and pours and occasionally things get broken.

Dense symphonic drone from two guys calling themselves Pausal.

Iā€™m unable to add songs to the playlist, or Iā€™ve forgotten how to do it. The playlist is in my library, so I can access it, but canā€™t add songs to it. Maybe itā€™s been so long since Iā€™ve posted that Iā€™ve dropped off of the members list or something?

Are you trying to add songs on the desktop version or mobile? Iā€™m not sure it works on mobile.

Which playlist? This is the correct link.

Thereā€™s no membership list as far as Iā€™m aware; Iā€™ve never enabled one at least. I can see a couple of people have added albums.