Bizarre networking issue

Thanks. Guest network it is off, and I have turned off every “feature” the router has. Firmware is updated.

This could be an Apple thing, since there was an update across the board on Apple devices the same week as I replaced the router. Pretty much everything I use from Wemo switches to Hue bulbs I interact with through an Apple device. I read Apple forums though, and no one else seems to be having issues.

These sound like bugs in the router firmware to me. I’d start by updating to latest (which you have) & then doing a factory reset to take all default options apart from the minimum necessary SSID settings. The chances are that there’s some advanced option or filtering enabled (or not enabled) that some of your clients don’t agree with.

If that still doesn’t work then you’ll need to start getting into the weeds by tracing the different types of traffic to see where things are dropping. It could get pretty technical pretty quickly.

Diego

If the clock keeps resetting, it does point to the router being fucky. If any nearby friend or neighbor has an old unused router you can borrow, you might try swapping it in and see if that resolves it.

Is that what that means? Thanks.

I do have an old Apple Router that still works that I can pull out as needed.

The clocks on Unix based systems count the seconds from 1/1/1970 00:00 UTC, when a device is going back to the beginning of time it usually means it crashed and rebooted. That doesn’t really match the issues you’re having, but it still shows something isn’t right.