Black Adam - The Rock is anti-Shazam

I guess maybe we’re still spoilering what Telefrog just referenced, I dunno.

The more I see of Cavill elsewhere the more I like him, so while I think he’s a good fit for Superman and the problems with his appearances so far weren’t his fault, I’d also rather him just keep on Witchin’ and doing other stuff I already enjoy like Mission Impossible.

I just want Cavill to keep recording himself building PCs.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCs-N1Eh2Z5/?igshid=1gx81ee44p2hq

Yes.

Before I click on the “everyone” link, is it everyone who has seen the trailer, the movie, …? Might be good to specify.

Everyone who has heard what The Rock wouldn’t stop teasing in the press leading up to the release, or seen the movie, or read any entertainment news sites, or I guess read my previous post.

I know none of those things. So thanks for spoilering.

Yeah, I can’t believe they were spoilering it themselves during/on the press tour.

Yeah, unfortunately its been all over the media press, guess its just a race to get the clicks with the most blatant pix & headlines. Rather disappointing that spoilers are so common now. Thankfully, I don’t actually care about Black Adam and feel like the DC EU is pretty much in the toilet anyway, so THIS example didn’t frustrate me that much. Its the principle of the matter that I’m upset about though.

He is amazing in every movie imho. Such presence, even if the movie sucks.

33d76b9deeb8250d3a32259dfa328092-1721867129

So much for that spoiler…

Just saw this:

Firstly I guess the Hollywood Reporter is so small, they can’t afford an editor or to proofread their headlines… (“dawning” a suit?)

Secondly, I agree that Cavill’s Superman has been done wrong by DC and a joyful / non-gritty-depressing-Snyder version of the character would be great!

I believe they recently hired @Timex as their chief editor.

Hey now, don’t confuse me with my autocorrect.

Agreed, I’d love to see Cavill in a more typical/joyful version of the character.

Perhaps a happy Superman and Batman reunion?

215ca031f91cfd6fbd2bc7f5cb7185b6--batman-and-superman-batman-superhero

Bahahahhaha

I hate that this so quickly turned out exactly how I didn’t want it to.

Ok, I finally watched the movie.

superman cameo

With that cameo at the end it does appear to suggest a new direction for Superman. Firstly the dialogue, which COULD have come across as antagonistic, Cavill plays with a slight smile. Secondly the costume is the more colorful / saturated older version of the suit from Man of Steel and not the black one. And lastly they played the Williams Superman theme, which obviously harkens back to the old Superman movies, as opposed to the Zimmer Theme, which is associated with the Snyder era.

So yeah, from that scene it does seem to point to a recalibration of Superman away from Snyders dour version.

Excellent!

Managed to stay #1 in the US due to lack of serious competition, but I doubt anyone will sing the praises at this point. $27.7m after a 59% drop-off from the first weekend.

Aquaman, which had a comparable opening weekend, managed to get $52m on its second weekend (29% drop), Wonder Woman got $57m (45% drop).