Black Dynamite!

“Your knowledge if scientific biological tranmogrofications is only outmatched by your ZEST for kung-fu treachery!”

I wanna make this into my ring tone.

Thanks for reminding me I want “Betrayed by Kung-fu Treachery!” printed on a t-shirt, Brian.

Haha

“At long last, a friendship bonded by a struggle against the man is brought to an end by Kung-Fu Treachery!”

Well, who knows whether he has funding yet, but this is encouraging. DAY FUCKING ONE if it actually gets produced.

Holy hell, yay! Agreed, day one if it happens. Thanks for sharing that, Repo!

I gotta say, MJW’s acting really makes the movie. You forget that he’s pretty much made a black Airplane! but kept it completely straight throughout the movie. The fight clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uj2JNt6KBc

I mean, I just uncontrollably snorted laughter when he says, “Fiendish Doctor Wu, you done fucked up now!” Because he delivers it like he means it.

Hehehehe, totally. You totally believe in Black Dynamite and everything he says and does.

This is also true.

I threw that shit before I walked in the ROOM!

FINALLY saw this last week and I’m just dismayed at how small the reception to this movie has been.

The Vietnam Flashback had me in tears.

This movie is very similar to “I’m Gonna Git You Sucka” but even more hilarious.

I dunno, pretty much everyone who’s seen it totally digs it, man. It never blew up into wide release but it is passionately loved as a cult movie. Here’s hoping Black Dynamite 2 is underway!!!

They have talked about a Black Dynamite 2, but there’s a comic coming, as well as an animated series from some of the folks behind The Boondocks too.

The Nerdist podcast will be recording at Meltdown Comics. On Monday, April 8th they’ll have a live show of the podcast of Black Dynamite with the stars Michael Jai White and Byron Minns, the director Scott Sanders, and comic writer Brian Ash. They’ll be signing the 1st issue of the Black Dynamite comic after the podcast.

Oohhh, I soooo wanna go to that!

OMG, so I had no idea that the BD folks made a series of PSA parodies called “Fightin’ Smack in The Orphanage”. They almost did too good a job mimicking these 70’s PSA’s.

Fight Smack in the Orphanage PSA 1
Fight Smack in the Orphanage PSA 2
Fight Smack in the Orphanage PSA 3
Fight Smack in the Orphanage PSA 4

I just got my ticket for this, and pre-ordered two copies of Slave Island (one to be signed, one to read as usual). Anyone in LA wanna come with?

Take pics of the event!

I will if they let me! :-)

This is tomorrow, I totally can’t wait. :) I’ll take pics if I can!