Black Dynamite!

I just watched it again. My new favorite part is the incredibly awkward date sequence after he cleans up the streets. The girl trying to get BD to be playful and chase her is hilarious.

H.

Yeah, the look on his face was priceless.

My Mama said my Daddy’s name is Black Dynamite.

So did my mama!

Uh, hush up little girls, lotta cats have that name.

Yeah, and I love how then Gloria looks at the girls, then back at him.

One of my favorite little bits, also involving Gloria, is when they’re talking about the orphanage, and BD stops and goes…“I used to BE an orphan…” and starts looking off into the distance towards a flashback…and Gloria looks off in the direction he’s looking at and then back at him with a confused look on her face like “WTF are you looking at?”

I took a buncha pics and wrote about the event, if any of y’all are interested. :)

Also: Presidential Seal Nunchucks.

H.

“Do not fuck with me!”

The pilot episode of the animated Black Dynamite series on Adult Swim!

Totally loved it! Need more!

Weird shit. I like it.

Boo. For some reason the video doesn’t work for me. :-(

I blame The Man.

I liked it.

“doesn’t work” as in technically will not play or “doesn’t work” as in you didn’t enjoy it and the jokes didn’t work for you (either of which could technically be The Man’s fault).

Wow… they went to a whole other place with that… that is some crazy shit. Awesome.

Apparently it doesn’t premiere until spring 2012, such a terrible tease.

How could one possibly not be down with Black Dynamite? If it’s not funny, then obviously it wouldn’t be the real Dynamite!

So, doesn’t work as in all I see is a 0s length movie. :-(

“I never tell anyone this, but I used to BE Children”.

I think it captures the character perfectly. The fights against the muppets had me in stitches. Loved it.

OMG totally. It really helps that pretty much everyone behind the movie is behind the cartoon. Y’all should also read the comic one-off, Slave Island. Freaking amazing.

Damned good. The puppet thing was a bit of a derail, but I can appreciate the necessity to weird it up a bit so that it doesn’t go stale.

H.

That was righteous.

It also let them get away with serious extreme puppet violence. Like in the old Batman: Animated Series when Batman performed various dismemberings on humanoid robots.

In other Black Dynamite news, I found out that a guy I work with was an extra in the movie. He was in the very first scene, the guy with the big afro next to Black Dynamite’s brother Jimmy, just before Jimmy gets shot. It was a long time before I stopped gushing to him about how awesome the movie was. He told me they have not been in contact with him with regards to any sequel news.