Black Dynamite!

AWESOME! I am so jealous!!

Those jive turkeys…

I think you mean “jive muthafucKAAAAAAAASSSS

“Dammit, I was one spice away. Who is this interruptin’ my seduction?”

Sweet, finally got it to work. :-)

Black Dynamite Animated Series starts July 15th on Adult Swim.

SOOO can’t wait for this. I’ve only seen the pilot, but it was FUCKING AMAZING.

I actually didn’t like the animated pilot at all and I loved Black Dynamite as a film.

This movie is one of the best things that has ever existed, or will exist.

What happened to Black Dynamite 2?

Director Sanders said that he and White had ideas for a sequel if the film did well. Star Michael Jai White hinted that a sequel was being written during an interview on G4’s Attack of the Show. White stated in an April 2012 interview that he hoped filming would begin at the end of that year.

Latest I can find is April 2017:

The interview pressed for a bit more info which led White to add that it’ll also be a Western comedy, but with more of a Buck & The Preacher bent; he doesn’t say, but I think he’s referring to the satirical comedy style of Blazing Saddles mixed with the more dramatic content of Buck & The Preacher - the 1972 Western starring Sidney Poitier as Buck and Harry Belafonte as the Preacher - a trail guide leading groups of former slaves trying to homestead in the West, immediately after the American Civil War, and a swindling minister. Together, they protect a wagon train from bounty hunters.

Oh my god how awesome would this be?

I’d love to see a BD2. I never saw the cartoon, was it any good?

I didn’t care for the cartoon. The film works on multiple layers, there’s a lot of jokes about low quality film making mixed through out for instance,(boom mic, obvious stunt double, bad acting, etc), that you lose in the cartoon. Moreover the film has a curve to its absurdity where it gets more absurd as it goes along and the cartoon kind of starts at full absurd and stays there.

I was kinda worried about that, honestly. Part of the beauty of BD is how it builds the absurdity steadily throughout the movie, all the way to the white house. I was worried they’d not be able to capture that in a cartoon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelJaiWhite/status/955893753058906112

Hyped!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Conclusion: I can predict the motherflippin’ future.

I promise to use these powers only for good. Mostly.

Man, how awesome would it be if the next movie was just inexplicably a western just because it can be?

Very, Brian Rubin. Very.

(To the tune of “Dynamite”) EX CI TED. EX CI TED.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Speaking of, if you look closely at the teaser, he is wearing a cowboy hat and old timey leather bullet bandolier. So the rumors are true, it’s a western! 🤠

I AM EXCITE