Black Friday 2011

Stores have started popping out the previews for this stuff, so I guess it’s time to note them down. I figure a separate thread will keep the Bargain Thread free of the clutter. (Fat chance!)

First up is Microsoft promoting their across the board Black Friday prices:

Kinect for $99.99
Three-month Xbox Live Gold sub for $12.99
Gears of War 3 for $39.99
Forza Motorsport 4 for $39.99
Dance Central 2 for $29.99
Kinect Sports 2 for $29.99

Some 360 packages will also be discounted $50 to $100!

hmmm… what world am I in where only Dance Central 2 appeals to me on that list?

Ooh the kinect for 99 sounds good to me.

CheapyD scored the Amazon Black Friday list!

Highlights for consoles:

Lightning Deals:
Batman: Arkham City $28.00
Battlefield 3 $28.00
Dance Central 2 $24.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $29.99
Driver San Francisco $19.99
Forza Motorsport 4 $27.00
Gears of War Triple Pack (1,2, and DLC) $7.99
Heavy Rain - Greatest Hits $14.99
LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition Playstation 3 $14.99

All Day Black Friday:
PlayStation Portable 3000 Core Pack System - Piano Black $99.99
L.A. Noire $19.99
Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures and Gunstringer $99.99

Obviously, more at the link.

Hmm, that’s tempting me to pick up a Kinect.

Cool, I see a lot of stuff on there to help me fill out the holes in the library for my recently acquired PS3. Interestingly, the lightning deals seem to often be only $2 or so less than the “all day” deals, which doesn’t exactly make it worth gluing yourself to your computer for.

Steam has also started their BF sales event, lasting from today to the 27th.

Well I know where I am getting my Kinect from! Thank you amazon!

I’m just hoping to snag an Alienware 17x with a smokin GPU for a good deal. fingers crossed.

Holy cats, Arkham City for $28? That’s awesome! Is a Lightning Deal one of those things where the deals are only for a few hours? When does it start, tomorrow at midnight?

I’ve been waiting for a sale on the boxed verion of Witcher 2 since its release. I’ve seen most of the Black Friday lists at this point, and it looks like my wait isn’t over yet.

If it’s like the lightning deals last year, it’ll only last a few seconds. It can last an hour if supplies last, but with these deals, everyone is hitting refresh, and if you can get the offer, you go for it, otherwise, it refreshes for you and it’s already sold out. (The lightning deal is quantity limited).

Newegg’s big ticket items are up as of about 30 mins ago, picked myself up the Xbox holiday bundle for $200.

http://promotions.newegg.com/black-friday/2011/11-3466/index.html

Holy crap there’s a Canadian version of the newegg black friday sale!

Wow, some newegg games sold out already.

IF anyone sees any good deals on Rocksmith for the 360, Once Upon A Monster, or Arkham City for the PC, please shout it out!

I would like to get this. Do these Microsoft deals apply to Canada?

I’m not sure what the deal is with Best Buy. They claim that a lot of the Black Friday deals are available online, and that the sale starts at midnight, but then when you go to check the website the Black Friday price is already posted for the items and they’re listed as sold out (Microsoft 3-month Live Gold for $8 for example). I don’t knwo if this means they went live ont he web already and are gone, or if it means they are not posting “inventory” to those items until midnight when the sale is supposed to start.

Rocksmith is listed on the amazon lightning deals list for $50.

Woah. I’ve been waiting for a good deal on Legend of Heroes. Anyone know if the Limited Edition is worth the extra cost?

The Best Buy holiday deals were scheduled to go live on Thanksgiving morning, so most of the online inventory was gone just after they hit. It helps the purchasing systems to have the online and in-store rushes on different days.