Black Friday is a whole goddamn season now-wallet battle damage thread

What did you pick up so far?
Far cry 6 gold
Guardians of the galaxy deluxe
Mass Effect legendary

So far for me, all Xbox so far

Alphabetical and low to high list here for XBL:

I’m so confused, I thought it was next Friday!
Freaking moving holidays of instability!
Edit: Oh the title of the thread was cut here. Now I get it.

I think it started last friday actually. :D

Prolly gonna bite on Watchdogs Legion this weekend as its like 75% off on the Uplay store.

Yeah it’s down to under $20 most places. I completed it, recommended.

Not a lot of blockbuster prices here:

I think the reason some of the deals seem underwhelming is that PS5 games are MSRP $70 now instead of $60. What would normally be priced at $30 on Black Friday (ie, Demon’s Souls) is $40 this year.

I’ll certainly be picking up way less console games this year, which is fine since I have quite a backlog already.

Occulus Quest 2 256 gb for $330 shipped! Not really a Black Friday deal per say but I bought it this week so yea!

I will be acquiring VR titles to add to my backlist now so I’ll be on the hunt for VR Black Friday deals.

Oh Sekiro is on sale. Tempting… But I think I may want it on the PC instead. It’s only gone on sale twice on the PC, but I think it’s likely to hit a sale very soon. Need to see how it runs on the series s. Edit… Runs at 30 FPS on the Series S. Ya no I’ll wait for the PC sale.

Gigabyte M27Q monitor for 260 from Amazon

Yeah I was thinking about Deathloop, but naaah.

I picked up The Outer Worlds for the Switch for only 14.99 Cdn Buckaroos. I know it’s definitely the inferior version, but i don’t have another console to play it on.

I bought two of those a few hours ago for $40 each under a giant “Shop our Black Friday prices early!” banner.

Woah, I had thought those were pre-owned cartridge prices. But I selected Nintendo digital, and that’s the same price. (!!!). So er… anyone know which of those is worth getting? I don’t really like 2D Mario games. Never have, but at that price maybe I should give it one more try. I already have Zelda. Maybe Kirby and Paper Mario too? Maybe Astral Chain as well?

EDIT: Oh I see, only three of them are that price for the digital code: 2D Mario, Kirby and Astral Chain.

EDIT2: Huh, every time I click on “eligible products” for the digital codes sale, I get a different set of games. So maybe all these digital codes are on sale after all? Zelda is only $25 for the digital code, for instance; even cheaper than the used cart.

EDIT3: Okay, I ended up with 2D Mario, Kirby and Astral Chain. $81.

I think my buddy with a new switch bought 5 games at $26 each.

Have you heard of Directory Opus, that excellent Windows Explorer replacement utility? They have a Black Friday sale - use the coupon code BLACKFRIDAY21 before November 30th, 2021 for 25% off. There are some learning curve but once you have use Opus, your windows file management system will never be the same!

Is this for all Black Friday deals, or just game deals?

Welp, just signed up for Hulu again. :D

They do that deal every year, I just can’t do it. I’d rather watch Ad-free Hulu twice a year for $26, than pay $12 for a year of Hulu with ads.

I am fine with ads, I space out at those times. :)

Amazon has a bunch of stations for $.99 cents a month for 2 months.

Big ones to pick from:
Starz/Showtime/Paramount/AMC/Discovery/EPIX

I wonder if you have to subscribe to Prime Video as well?