Black friday list

See, Walmart is evil!

I think this is a fake report. Here’s the first clue:

Paramedics called to the store found VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player, surrounded by shoppers seemingly oblivious to her, said Mark O’Keefe, a spokesman for EVAC Ambulance.

What sort of self respecting holiday Wal-Mart shopper would let an unconscious woman hang onto a DVD player on sale.

They announce the sale at a white trash store with a blaring siren and are then surprised when the mob stampedes.

I love how they put the DVD player on hold for her. It’s $30, couldn’t they have, maybe, let her have it for free, seeing as she could sue the shit out of them? I’t not like they can’t afford it…

Yeah, that’s real classy by Walmart.

“Hey, guess what lady? We may have nearly let you get trampled to death, but we’ll certainly give you a chance to give us some money.”

But jeez, DVD players are getting cheap these days. $30? Trampleworthy deal.

To get back to gaming, that helps the Gamecube. Back when it was $100 to get a moderately shitty DVD player, a PS2 purchase could be rationalized as price of PS2-$100. Now, it’s $110 for the GC, the Zelda disc, and a DVD player. The PS2 equation is price of PS2-$30. For the XBox, the damn DVD remote costs like $25.

Best Buy had a DVD player for $19.99, after rebate. Just goes to show you MPEG2 decoding chips are practically free, and now DVD lasers are too. It’s funny that the $30 price point can cause a stampede. They could have bought a player for $40 the day before Thanksgiving, if $10 means tha much, are they ever going to buy any DVDs to watch?

I declare that line the winner :)

It is becoming pointless to get up early at all. My wife hit the Toys R Us website on Thanksgiving night. Starting at midnight they had all the in-store deals available, with free shipping over $49. Kohl’s website had the same, though free shipping didn’t kick in until $75. Circuit City had free shipping on any order. Wal*Mart had shipping for $0.99, plus the Gamecube deal was available online a day or two before with $6.50 shipping.

Best Buy has a free shipping on everything deal going on right now, pretty nifty.

Well, it seems there’s some addiitonal information. This woman seems to be making a career out of compensation claims.