Black Myth: Wukong - Journey to the West AAA

I won’t get it for obvious P&R reasons, but it does look incredible.

P & R reasons?

Same reason why I’ve bowed out of Call of Duty or anything ActiBlizzard, Tencent, etc.

I don’t want to clutter this thread with it. People can make their own purchasing decisions.

Ahh, gotcha, makes sense now.

You could just play Enslaved: Journey to the West again instead.

The Chinese are making some of the most intriguing action games on the market, but they don’t seem to be able to finish them or polish them enough. I assume that’s due to lack of funding. I wonder if there’s any market over there for single player games like this.

Asian games have weird monsters from a Westerner’s perspective. I love it!

Much pretty.

I don’t this is different from the video up top, but I’m assuming so :)

New gameplay video in 4K. A bunch of nice weird monsters around 9:24.

From the industry that brought you countdown clocks to a teaser trailer, behold: a short film to announce a release window 18 months away.

Embarrassing. Also a cute film.

comes out in just over a month right? not 18? So weird that everything I saw previously for preorders was March 3’d of this year and then this. Still beats six delays right?

I think you might be confusing this title (Wukong) with Team Ninja’s Wo Long. Similar games, similar-sounding names. :)

I’m constantly getting these two mixed up.

Team Ninja will probably release 3 games in the time it takes this game to come out.

you are correct

And dodging is essential. If the Souls games focus on blocking, and both Bloodborne and Sekiro focus on parrying in their own ways, then Black Myth: Wukong is about dodging and swift fluid movement. Stamina must be carefully managed but is generous and allows for plenty of manoeuvrability around each battlefield. A perfectly timed last-minute dodge is represented by a copy of your monkey protagonist as you shift before landing crushing blows.

Wukon’s combat could induce nausea and seizures. We don’t know, but it could!.

I’m just joking around, but “could” in headlines seems to do a lot of heavy lifting these days and not just in games journalism. :)

/grumpyoldmancomplaintoff

“If the Souls games focus on blocking…”

This is news to me. I mean, sure, that is one viable way of going through Dark Souls but it isn’t the only way. Any build that doesn’t have a shield with 100% damage reduction and good stability is often going to want to rely on dodging to survive; unless you get reliably good at parrying and go that route instead. Heck, playing with a two-handed weapon and forgoing a shield is even one of my favourite playstyles in Dark Souls.

It even feels like the later Souls game, primarily beginning with Dark Souls 3, reached the point where dodging became essential even for builds that focus on heavy armour and great hulking tower shields. Because the bosses and enemies started gaining attack chains that can break and punish constant blocking of attacks.