Black Ops Cold War is the next Call of Duty

They’re the hardest to control and have been since the Beta. I don’t know if you got to where I was talking about driving, but if the driving controls for gamepads were the same as Warzone it would be much better. You wouldn’t be able to drive and shoot on snowmobiles and motorcycles that way, but I’d prefer it. Let the passenger to the shooting.

I never try to shoot while on the snowmobile. Takes all my attention to just try to run over zombies.

I’d love to join you guys and stream from the xbox perspective ;)

You could then mock my utter ineptitude. My usual mode of death is to fixate on zombies in front of me while one comes up behind and eats me.

Oh shit that looks like it’s still unreleased and was just data mined…

can’t promise no mocking but just know that I’m just as hard on myself when I screw up and I do it a lot. I’m not great at cod anymore and even less so at zombies. Very happy for outbreak since it’s a bit slower and more open overall which helps

Gonna stream some solo after dinner.

Edit: for me wave 5 is the beginning of the end

Playing Zombies with randoms really shows how bad most people are at the game. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

I haven’t tried randoms yet. Is there any kind of skill-based matchmaking?

While I know the “Pros” and streamers hate it in Warzone, it does at least give me players that know what they’re doing there for the most part.

No, in Outbreak AFAIK it’s a toss-up, totally. And I’m coming to see that the ranks are useless in determining skill.

I only play SOLO or with my kid, who only likes to play one a week or so. It’s such a fun mode, wish my kid would play more. I just enjoy taking my time and killing those undead in all sorts of ways. At least in Solo, makes a difference to have a vehicle to head to the Evac area so you have enough time to clear it. So fun.

For a bit more challenge, play private but by yourself instead of solo. think it’s better xp too.

So far the biggest offender in randoms other than people just dropping dead constantly is people triggering the main objective before you can get anything at all. Later rounds it’s actually fine to portal in, do the obj and portal to the next, but early you need at least armor and probably PaP or a perk or two. Last one they triggered it asap, all died and I scrapped by. Next round they started it again with me as the only person with armor. Pretty frustrating. Biggest advantage of Outbreak is that you can slow things down a tad from normal zombies and people just don’t do that.

edit: going to get on and play in a few minutes I think

Ok, maybe I’m just dense, but I can’t figure out these bundles. There were a couple of free bundles, so I got them. They have an M16 version in each. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make use of the bundled weapon.

when you create a class, choose armory to pick a blueprint. Then you can modify attachments from there just know that other attachments might not match the camo or aesthetic of the bundle weapon.

Huh. I’ll give it a try. In other news, or not-news, their net code sucks donkey balls. Once again was dropped in the middle of a match, with the connection interrupted icon. Could still here the other players wondering what was going on, after it froze up, then poof it was gone. I mean, I don’t mind going solo or private in Outbreak but often it’s just more fun with more people and there is more to do that you just can’t do with one.

I’m not sure zombies uses the dedicated servers sadly, so connections are much worse than in pvp

The messages you get in the lobby refer to specific players hosting, and I’ve been switched to a different host during a match when the host quits. So yeah it’s not exactly built for stability.

Is there any reason to play the Black Ops Cold War “multiplayer” as opposed to Warzone? Warzone seems a lot more fun.

There’s a lot of different modes in Black Ops, I like a lot of them as a more fast pace style but it definitely comes down to what you find as fun. I generally prefer Warzone with friends and kill confirmed our one of the objective based modes alone.

Well, one thing that multiplayer will do for your Warzone game is make you better at playing fast, which is probably the number one thing most people can’t do in any Call of Duty modes and speed is one of the most important attributes when you get in a fight.

By speed I mean… hitting headshots immediately upon sighting an enemy, knowing how to quickly calculate a flank on that guy you saw running elsewhere on the map, using that flank to surprise the enemy, knowing where you can escape to if you get in trouble and survive, and basically just how to do everything at a superfast clip.

Argruably, this would be better learned in Modern Warfare as the engine is the same for that game as Warzone and Cold War is definitely a more arcade-like Treyarch game, but you can still gain a LOT of speedy awareness and just plain skill increase by playing multiplayer.

It’s also a good way to level guns you want to use in the Warzone.

Consider that in Warzone you get into maybe… three to five actual firefights at close-ish range in a game, and that’s if you’re good and you are trying to pick your own. In multiplayer, it’s a constant stream of firefights. You will learn how to shoot better if you are in constant combat, and that’s the most important skill you need in the Zone.

True but you have to be willing to die, and lose, a LOT to get marginally better, even with SBMM. The fans can lament the evils of performance based matching but as someone who is always going to be in the worst 10% overall it’s refreshing to actually get matched with people close to my skill level and not ganked endlessly

That is very true. Five years ago when I started this Call of Duty journey with Black Ops III, I was around a .7 or .8 K/D ratio. That was with years of Quake, Unreal Tournament, Halo, etc. under my belt. I was pretty good at helping my team win matches when I wasn’t kill feeding the other guys, but I still wasn’t “good”.

In Cold War, I’m a 1.2 K/D after about 16 hours of multiplayer. In the Warzone, I’m a 1.1 K/D with 446 hours played, and in Modern Warfare I’m a 1.0 with 127 hours played. I think that’s evidence of how you can improve, but I play most nights for a couple hours at least and sometimes binge it on weekends. I played most multiplayer by myself although there was a lot of time on Modern Warfare with a squad of people I played with regularly including a lot of Gunfight. Warzone is 1353 games as of today. Insert the gritted teeth smiley here.

I think SBMM is perfectly fine, but it should always be tuned and watched to make sure games aren’t always on the side of too difficult and I think for awhile there that’s how it was tuned. It seems to have improved tremendously in Season 2 and I think again, you can thank Raven for that as they’re running the live service again for Warzone. The years and years of experience those folks have is on par with the experience that walked out the door when Respawn was founded.

Anyway, long story short, to get better you’re gonna have to get shot, but you also miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so everyone here should give it a try!