Black Panther - Marvel's Wakandan Avenger

I think the Marvel Dud plague-ship sailed with Ant Man.

I think I disagree, the early Thor movies are awful (IMO)

Ant-man is pretty good, especially compareed to the Thor movies (although they still have things to recommend them in the Thor-Loki dynamic).

Anyway, Ryan Coogler should be enough to get anyone excited about Black Panther.

I’ll take the Thor movies over Iron Man 2 or 3.

Man, that’s actually a really tough choice. The Thor movies are probably better, but I probably find Iron Man man movies more rewatchable, particularly IM2 due to Rockwell, Roarke and Downey.

True, but the Thor movies have Jaimie Alexander and Natalie Portman.

I rest my case. :P

Poster:

I have to admit that the head looks so badly pasted on that I initially thought this was a fan-made thing.

His throne room looks disappointingly Asgardian.

Or maybe Asgard’s throne room is disappointingly Wakandaian looking. :D

Also there’s going to be a teaser trailer during the basketball game tonight.

They could’ve just recycled the palace set from Coming to America. In fact, I’m going to be disappointed if T’Challa’s initial introduction isn’t at least as cool as this:

Here we go:

Holy crap - that looks like it’s going to be a blast!

Hell Yes.

Plus the requisite floating head collage poster.

I am not getting the typical origin story vibe from this, which is welcome. I think it looks very promising from the cast and trailer, now I will go into blackout mode until it comes out.

OMFG. I’m getting a bit burnt out on superhero movies. Not that I’d stop seeing them… but the Black Panther trailer has me hyped like crazy. Looks freaking great!

…although hopefully Panther does other cool stuff besides jumping on and off of cars.

If you’ll remember in Civil War, he also jumped on a motorcycle.

I do. :)

That’s why all this new car jumping has me a bit concerned.