Blackguards

I did continue a bit further. I think until just after chapter 5 starts, going to the village in the jungle. I decided to stop. I got the itch to play something new and don’t really have the desire to go back.

You can try to lower the difficulty level.

I remember the dschungel altair level as very difficult, but the end boss as easy. Took me only 1 try, without doing anything special. Maybe you have some magic or special abilities left you haven’t made use of yet?

Ok, Gorath, you’ve convinced me. I’ll try again. Stay tuned. :)

Good luck! :)

Ok, after 6 more attempts, I finally finished! I finally figured out that in the first phase of that last battle, I needed to NOT let my 3 melee characters (spear, sword, and axe) fight at all, just absorb all attacks and use healing potions or bandages when needed, thus allowing all enemies to surround them and NOT bother my mage so that he could chase/hit Urias. After that, in the 2nd and 3rd phases, I ignored all enemies except Urias, and it was fairly easy from there. But, SHEESH, did I pull some hair out in that first phase! Still love the game, but hated that last battle. :)

On sale today through April 23 for 90% off ($1.99).

The franchise pack for €2.99 is worth a look.

AFAIR the second game is a bit more mainstream than the first, but as a plus it has quite enjoyable evil gameplay.